Connect Seagate Backup Plus To Ps4
Sony developed PlayStation to allow users to play games on a whole new level alongside online streaming. On this side, Seagate hard drive is a storage device that's used to back up all your data. Sony's PlayStation started supporting hard drives for installing games, and this allows the PS4 users to have extended access and more games to play with. If you are looking to have seamless storage, you need to update the PlayStation to version 4 or above.
Connecting an external hard drive to a PS4 console (especially PS4 and PS4 Pro) is a long time coming. Gone are the golden days where you have to swap games to make space for new ones. Connecting the Seagate Backup Plus hard drive to a PS4 is a lot easier, and it only takes few minutes. You can use the Seagate hard drive that has a USB 3.0 interface.
Carry on with the following steps to learn to connect Seagate Backup Plus to PS4.
- Ensure that your PS4 gaming device is turned on.
- Unpack the Seagate Backup Plus hard drive from the packaging.
- Connect the hard drive to one of the available ports on your PS4 console.
- Turn on your TV and access the PlayStation screen.
- Use the controller and select the Settings option.
- Keep scrolling down and stop until you reach the Devices section.
- Select Devices.
- Scroll down the screen and select the USB Storage Devices option.
- You will see the connected Seagate Backup Plus hard drive show up on the screen.
- Click and select Format as Extended Storage.
- Select Next and follow the commands on the screen.
- You will read a message saying, This device will be formatted as extended storage. When you format this device, all data on it will be deleted.
- Select Format.
- Once the format is successful, the hard drive will show up in the Storage section ( Settings > Storage ).
- Press the O button on the controller to return to the main screen.
You have read the steps to successfully connect the Seagate Backup Plus hard drive to your PS4 gaming console. If you have queries related to this article, click the CALL button on this page. Our dedicated technical team will assist you through the process.