CONNECT SEAGATE PERSONAL CLOUD DIRECTLY TO COMPUTER
Learn how to connect the Seagate Personal Cloud drive directly to your Windows or Mac computer.Seagate Personal Cloud is a NAS drive designed to store and access your data over a cloud network. You can back up the data from your PC, Mac, or smartphone to the drive and access them from any device (computer or hand-held), anywhere, and at any time. You will learn how to Connect Seagate Personal Cloud Directly To Computer on this page.
- Initially, connect your drive to the router using an Ethernet cable.
- Next, connect the Seagate Personal Cloud drive directly to your computer using a USB cable.
- Check to ensure that the cables (Ethernet and USB) are connected securely.
- Turn on your drive, computer, and router if they are turned off.
- Now, you can access the drive from your Windows or Mac computer.
- To know more about how to Connect Seagate Personal Cloud Directly To Computer, scroll down this page.
Access the drive from your computer
You should have valid Seagate owner account credentials to access the drive from your computer. If you haven’t created the account, create it by referring to the instructions given under the “Creating the owner account” section on this page.
- Open File Explorer.
- Expand the Network section.
- Locate and click on PersonalCloud.
- Open the Public folder.
- Double-click on the PersonalCloud file.
- Type your Seagate owner account username and password in the given fields if prompted to access the drive.
- Go to the Shared section on the Finder screen.
- Click PersonalCloud > Connect As > Registered User.
- Type your account credentials in the given fields if prompted.
- Now, you can access the drive as per your needs.
Creating the owner account
You can use a web browser or your computer’s File Explorer (Windows) or Finder (Mac) to create the owner account.
- Open the web browser.
- Access the Seagate Personal Cloud page.
- Create an account by following the prompts displayed on the screen.
- Alternatively, to create the account using the computer, follow the instructions below.
- For Windows: Open the File Explorer. Click Network > PersonalCloud > Public and double-click on the Personal Cloud file, and create the account as per your preferences.
- For Mac: Open Finder. Go to Shared. Click PersonalCloud > Public and double-click Personal Cloud. Perform the on-screen instructions to create your account.
Contact us to know more about how to Connect Seagate Personal Cloud Directly To Computer.