Connect WD My Cloud Directly To Mac
WD My Cloud is a Cloud Storage device that can be connected directly to a Wi-Fi router. It helps to save all your digital data or files in one centralized place. With the help of the WD My Cloud app, users can access the drive from anywhere by making use of any device such as mobile or computer with an active Internet connection.
Let us see how to connect WD My Cloud directly to Mac in the below-provided steps.
Steps to set up WD My Cloud to Mac
- If it is a newly purchased WD My Cloud device, unpack it first.
- Remove all the components from the box.
- Remove the protective cover from the device.
- Once unpacked, place the device close to a power outlet.
- Connect the My Cloud adapter to the wall and another end to the drive's rear side.
- Turn on your Wi-Fi router.
- Check whether the device is placed within the Wi-Fi router range.
- Connect one end of the Ethernet cable to the router and another end to the WD My Cloud device.
- Wait until the LED on the WD My Cloud device turns on and starts blinking.
- Make sure you wait until the blue blinking LED on the device turns solid.
- Now, turn on your Mac and connect it to the Internet.
- Open a web browser and go to the official WD web page.
- Select the WD My Cloud product on the main page.
- In the following window, click on the Download setup software option to download the software.
- Once downloaded, click Install.
- Wait until the installation process gets completed.
- Open the software after installation.
- Click Get Started on the welcome page.
- Select the checkbox next to the I agree to the terms of the License Agreement option and click Next.
- Select your WD My Cloud drive and click Next.
- Perform the on-screen instructions to complete the setup process.
- Wait until the "Congratulations! Your WD My Cloud is set up!" message appears on the desktop.
- Now, you can examine the files and folders on WD My Cloud from your Mac.