Download Wd My Passport Driver For Mac
WD My passport hard drives work as plug-and-play devices. You need to connect your computer and the hard drive via USB cable, and there is no need for any separate driver for these hard drives. But, if you need a particular driver for your WD My Passport hard drive, the best option would be the WD Discovery software. In addition to the WD Discovery software, you have the WD Security app, WD Backup, and WD Drive Utilities. Continue to read the following sections to know how to download and install the WD Discovery driver for your Windows computer.
Download and install the WD Discovery software
- Usually, the WD Discovery software is included in the WD My Passport hard drives. Connect the hard drive to your computer by making use of a USB cable and then access the WD My Passport folder.
- Then, double-click on the WD Discovery Windows installer package to begin the installation process.
- If you have formatted the hard drive before installing the WD Discovery software, you need not worry at all; you can download the software from the official support page of WD.
- In your default browser, visit the official support page of WD. Go to the Need drivers, software or firmware section and click on the Go to downloads option.
- Now, it will take you to the Software & Downloads page. On this page, navigate to the Software for Windows section and click on the Install WD Discovery for Windows option. Then, click on the Download button to begin the installation process.
- In the Windows Open File Security warning window, click on the Run button to begin the installation process. The Welcome to the WD Discovery Setup Wizard will be displayed; click on the Next button.
- Next, agree to the end user agreement by selecting the checkbox that says, "I accept the terms of the license agreement," and then click on the Next button.
- Then, the WD discovery setup window will be displayed; click on the Install button.
- Now, a screen that displays the status of the installation process will appear; you can monitor it to know the current status of the installation.
- Once the installation is done, you have to click on the Finish button.
- Now, you can open the WD Discovery software and utilize its features.
In this way, you can download and install the WD My Passport driver for your Windows computer.