Format A Seagate Hard Drive For Mac - Quick Tips
Seagate hard drives are known for their robust design and solid performance. They come with massive storage space that is quite adequate for an average user. Due to the quick read and write speed, Seagate hard drives are preferred all over the world. But like all other hard drives, Seagate can also land on issues at times due to several unknown reasons, which can be resolved by formatting the entire hard drive. Here we have discussed the step-by-step method that will help you Format A Seagate Hard Drive For Mac computer.
Note: Keep in mind that the hard drive should be formatted in the correct File System in order to build healthy communication with the Mac computer.
TIPS FOR EFFECTIVE HARD DRIVE FORMATTING:
- Before formatting the Seagate hard drive, make sure that you back up all the important data on the drive.
- The above step is important because you can't retrieve the data easily once the hard drive is formatted.
- Several third-party software can help you retrieve the data, but there are chances for data compromise, which no one of us would prefer in any situation.
- Format your external hard drive in FAT32 or ExFAT format to conveniently transfer the data between two systems.
Note: Always ensure that you use the hard drive on a single Operating System. Suppose you use the hard drive on different Operating Systems (Windows, Linux, Mac, Ubuntu, etc.), the chances of data corruption might increase.
STEPS TO FORMAT SEAGATE HARD DRIVE ON A MAC SYSTEM:
- Turn on your Mac computer and connect the Seagate external hard drive to the system's USB port.
- Tip: Make sure that the USB cable is not damaged. A damaged cable can cause unexpected actions during theFormat A Seagate Hard Drive For Mac process.
- Once appropriately connected, wait for a few seconds.
- Let the macOS detect and mount the drive for use.
- Now, you will be able to see the Seagate icon on your desktop.
- On the macOS Dock, select Finder.
- Navigate to Applications > Utilities.
- Select the Disk Utility application.
- In the Disk Utility window, choose the Seagate hard drive icon from the sidebar.
- Next, click the Erase tab.
- From the Erase dialog box, select the Volume Format option.
- Choose either APFS or MS-DOS or ExFAT.
- Note: Usually, the ExFAT format is best for formatting the Seagate hard drives.
- Click the Erase button.
- The macOS erases the entire data on the drive.
- Further, the macOS reformats it to APFS, FAT32, or ExFAT format.
- Wait patiently until the formatting process completes.
- Note: The time duration totally depends on the size of data stored on your Seagate hard drive.
- Once the formatting is done, eject the drive before pulling out the USB cable.
- Now you can use the Seagate drive as a new hard drive on your Mac system.
So, by following the above steps in an orderly manner, you could easily Format A Seagate Hard Drive For Mac computer. If you find any difficulty during the entire process, call our technicians to get the best help possible.