How to Backup Data on WD My Passport
WD Backup is a scheduled backup application that helps to back up your files automatically in the location that you specify. Backup is a process that enables you to store or collect the data and helps to recover the data in case the data stored in the file is lost. WD My Passport is a stylish external hard drive designed for massive storage that helps store, organize, and share your documents, photos, videos, files, etc. My Passport comes up with Western Digital Backup software so that you can back up your photos, videos, documents, etc., automatically.
How to backup data on WD My Passport
- Make sure that you have installed the WD software provided on your drive.
- After installation, the drive allows you to install WD Backup.
- Click on the WD icon on your desktop and select the app page.
- You can find WD security, WD backup plan, and WD utilities.
- Select the WD backup plan and install it.
- Accept the Terms and Conditions and click Next.
- After installation, click the Finish button.
- Now, click on the WD backup screen on your desktop.
- Select the Backup files option, and your PC will ask for external storage to back up files.
- Click on your WD my Passport external hard drive and select Next.
- The drive will ask for automatic backup and the period for backing up files automatically.
- Select the period and click Next.
- Select the files you want to back up from your PC and click OK to save your selections.
- Now, select backup files and launch your backup plan.
How to backup data on WD MY Passport for Mac
Make sure that you have installed the WD software for your device that supports your Mac OS. Back up using Time Machine on your Mac by following the below steps:
- Open the Apple menu from the Menu bar.
- Now, choose System Preference. Click the Time Machine option.
- Now, you can see the Time Machine option on your Mac menu bar.
- Click the Time Machine option and choose select disk.
- Select your WD My Passport for backing up all the files from your Mac to your WD my Passport.
- You can also have your backup process done automatically by clicking on the Automatic backup option in the Time Machine settings.