How To Backup Hard Drive To Google Drive?
The stored files, folders, and documents can be accessed from multiple devices and platforms with a single Google Drive account. It is ideal to back up your external hard drive to Google Drive. As the external drives are not always reliable, they might get damaged or corrupted. But, when you back up your data to Google Drive, there won't be any such instance like a hard drive failure. So, Google drive is more reliable than external hard drives. Moreover, it is always advisable to back up the data from your external hard drive to the Google drive. If you would like to know how to backup hard drive to Google drive, continue to read the following sections.
Synchronize your external hard drive to Cloud using the Google drive
- On your computer, download and install the Google drive application. Now, you can locate the Google drive icon on your desktop home screen.
- Open Google Drive and then sign in to your Google account. Create a folder and name it just as you wish. Then, create separate subfolders for documents, videos, and pictures. Move the files and folders from your hard drive to Google Drive according to the file type.
- In this way, you can back up your hard drive to Google drive.
Using Backup and sync tool
- Download the Backup and sync tool and install it on your computer by following the on-screen instructions.
- Once the installation is over, log in with your Google account, and read the introduction. Then, go to the My Computer page and select the checkboxes for the folder you prefer to synchronize. If you cannot locate the folders, click on the Choose folder option, specify your upload size, and click on the Next button.
- On the Google Drive page, specify the file location and exclusions. Then, click on the Start button.
- In this way, you can easily back up your hard drive to Google Drive using the Backup and sync tool.
AOMEI Backupper Standard
AOMEI Backupper Standard is an efficient backup tool ideal for the Windows operating system. It enables you to back up your files from an external hard drive to Google Drive. You can also schedule the backup periodically, like daily, weekly, or monthly. With this tool, you can also back up your external hard drive to OneDrive, Dropbox, or other similar cloud drives. If you need remote assistance to know how to backup hard drive to Google drive, call us