HOW TO BACKUP IPHONE TO EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE MAC
Backing up your iPhone to an external hard drive is the best way to free up space on your Mac. Before you start to back up your iPhone, you need to sync it on your Mac computer. You will learn how to backup Iphone to external hard drive Mac by following the steps below.
CONNECT THE IPHONE TO YOUR MAC:
If you have already synced the iPhone on your Mac computer, you need not do this step. But, if you haven’t, follow the below instructions.
- First, connect your iPhone to the Mac computer using a USB cable.
- Next, launch iTunes on your Mac computer.
- Now, select your device icon at the top-left corner of the window.
- Below the Settings section from the left menu panel, choose the type of content you want to sync.
- Now, select the checkbox beside the content type you are going to sync.
- Next, make a tick mark on the checkbox beside each item you want to sync.
- Select the Apply button at the bottom-right of the window.
- Now, your iPhone will be synced to your Mac computer.
FIND THE BACKUP ON YOUR MAC
- Launch the Finder application from the dock on your Mac computer.
- Next, choose your iPhone’s name below the Locations section in the left menu panel.
- Under the General tab, go to the Backups section and click on the Manage Backups button.
- Next, right-click the device name you want to back up and select the Show in Finder option from the drop-down list.
- Now, you will find the iPhone’s backup on your Mac computer.
MOVE YOUR IPHONE BACKUP TO AN EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE:
- Make sure to connect the external hard drive to your Mac.
- Next, open the Finder or iTunes window.
- Now, select the backup folder of your iPhone and drag it to the external hard drive.
- Next, rename the backup folder on the external hard drive.
By following the above methods, you may know How To backup Iphone To External Hard Drive Mac computer.