QUICK STEPS: HOW TO BACKUP MAC TO EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE
A data loss or data corruption can occur at any time. So, it is always better to back up your important data to an external hard drive or storage device. The backup process is also an effortless one to perform. On this page, you’re going to see how to backup mac to external hard drive.You can back up your data from the Mac computer to an external hard drive easily and quickly using its built-in app called “Time Machine.” This app was created by Apple to make the backup process easy and simple to perform. It helps you to backup all kinds of data, including photos, videos, documents, applications, etc. Learn how to back up your data from Mac to external hard drive using Time Machine.
Step 1: Open the Time Machine app
Initially, open the Time Machine app on your Mac computer by following the instructions given below.
- Click the Finder icon in the taskbar.
- Select the Applications option.
- In the Applications window, locate and click on the Time Machine icon.
- Now, the Time Machine app screen will open.
Step 2: Connecting the drive to your computer
The second step of backup is connecting your external hard drive to the computer.
- Plug one end of the USB-C or USB cable to the computer and the other end of the same cable to your external HDD.
- Wait for your computer to detect the connected drive. Once it is detected, the Disk icon will appear on your computer’s desktop.
- In case the Disk icon is not displayed on the Desktop screen, open the Finder app.
- Select Preferences > General.
- Check to ensure that the external hard drive is selected and go to step 3.
Step 3: Selecting the disk
- Return to the Time Machine app screen.
- Locate and select the connected external hard drive under the Drives section.
- After selecting the drive, click the Use Disk button.
Step 4: BACKUP MAC TO EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE
- Initiate the backup process by selecting the data that you wish to backup.
- Click the Backup button.
- Wait for the backup process to complete.
- Once it is done, check to ensure that the selected files are copied to the HDD.
- Now, eject the external HDD from your Mac computer.
- To do so, select and right-click on the drive icon on the desktop screen.
- Click the Eject option.
- These are the simple guidance for How To Backup Mac To External Hard Drive