How To Factory Reset Wd Easystore
WD easystore is a portable storage device that lets you keep your important data in an organized way. You can use the Drive Erase function if you want to factory reset your WD easystore hard drive. This article’ll give you a detailed explanation on How To Factory Reset WD Easystore hard drive using the Drive Erase function. Now, let us get into the topic.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU ERASE YOUR DRIVE?
- When you erase your WD easystore, it will delete your data, WD software, and support files and utilities. However, WD easystore also gives you an option to restore them.
- Before you erase your drive, make sure to back up your data to another device.
HOW TO FACTORY RESET YOUR WD EASYSTORE USING THE DRIVE ERASE FUNCTION?
- Connect your WD easystore to your computer using a USB cable.
- Run the WD Drive utility. To do it, click Start and select All Programs> WD Discovery> More WD Apps> WD Drive Utilities.
- If you have connected more than one drive, select the one you want to erase.
- When the WD utility screen appears, click the Drive Erase button.
- In the Drive Erase dialog box, specify the name of your hard drive in the Volume Name field.
- In the confirmation dialog box, check the I understand box and click the Erase Drive button.
- Your WD easystore will be entirely erased within a few seconds. When you erase your drive, your password will be deleted.
INSTALL THE WD DISCOVERY SOFTWARE
Once you have erased your WD easystore, the WD software will also be deleted so that you have to get it from its official website. The WD Discovery software includes the WD Security app, WD Backup, and WD Drive Utilities. Follow these instructions to download and install WD Discovery.
- Visit the official support page of WD from your default browser.
- Go to the Software & Downloads page and select Software for Windows.
- Select Install WD Discovery for Windows and click Download.
- Now the software starts to download in the background.
- Once the download is completed, run the setup file and install the software on your computer by following the on-screen instructions.
For further questions and clarifications on How To Factory Reset WD Easystore, you can reach our technical experts for assistance.