HOW TO RECOVER DATA FROM WD MY PASSPORT HARD DRIVE?
If you have deleted or formatted the files on your WD My Passport hard drive, WD does not support data recovery, and there is no tool from the WD side to recover your files. If you have taken a backup from the WD drive, you can restore the data. On this page, we will guide you to recover data from the WD My Passport hard drive. In this article, we have used some third-party applications which will help you to know How To Recover Data From WD My Passport Hard Drive.
Steps To Recover Files From WD My Passport External Hard Drive:
- Connect your WD drive to your Windows computer using the given USB cable.
- On the Windows computer, open the default browser and go to the official Recoverit website.
- Locate and download the Recoverit software onto your Windows computer.
- Double-click the setup file to install the software.
- Launch the Recoverit Data Recovery Software on the Windows computer.
- On the dashboard, locate your WD drive and then click Start.
- Now, the recovery software starts the scanning operation and detects the deleted files from the WD drive.
- Wait for a few minutes so that the scanning process is completed; you can also stop or pause the scanning process on this software.
- If the scanning process is complete, select the checkbox and choose which files you want to recover from the drive.
- You can also preview the recovered files on the recovery software.
- Click Recover and wait until the recovered files are saved on the computer.
- You can choose the file location to save the recovered files.
- Click the Browse button and a new dialog box appears. Enter the location/destination where you want to save the files on your computer, and then click OK.
Stellar Data Recovery Software:
- On the Windows computer, open the default web browser and then go to the official Stellar website.
- Download and install the Stellar Data Recovery Software on the computer.
- Launch the software and insert the WD hard drive into the computer using the USB cable.
- Once the WD My Passport drive is detected on the app, select the WD hard drive icon and then click Scan.
- Once you are sure that the scanning process is done, you can choose the files and click Recover.
- Finally, your data from the WD My Passport external hard drive has been successfully recovered using a third-party app.
So the above-mentioned section will be more helpful to format a Toshiba hard drive. These solutions can be implemented easily by the user without any hassle.
Steps To Restore The Backup Files:
- Connect the WD drive to the computer and double-click the setup file to install the WD app, which is already saved on the WD drive.
- Launch the app and select the automatic backup option.
- It will automatically back up your WD drive. You can store the backup files on the computer or on any cloud storage account.
- If your WD drive is formatted or damaged and you have lost the data, then you can restore the data from the backup files.
- On the WD Restore screen, browse and select the backup files from the computer.
- Now, click Restore.
- Finally, the files will automatically be restored.
- Once you use the third-party apps to recover your files from the WD drive, WD will cancel the warranty on your drive.
- Hopefully, you will learn to know How To Recover Data From WD My Passport Hard Drive successfully.