How To Reset My WD Cloud?
Is your WD My Cloud not working, and are you thinking about resetting the device? You have visited the right page to reset your WD My Cloud without any confusion. There are two methods to reset your device and both methods need the Reset button on the rear side of the device. Let us see How To Reset My WD Cloud device.
Steps to reset WD My Cloud
4 Second Reset
- Make sure that the WD My Cloud device is powered on.
- Use a paper clip or sharp pointed object, such as a pen, to press the Reset button on the rear side of the WD My Cloud device.
- Press and hold the Reset button for at least 4 seconds.
- The resetting process will result in rebooting the device, and it will take about five minutes to complete the process.
- Wait until the blinking blue LED turns a solid blue, which indicates that the device is ready to use.
40 Second Reset
The 40-second reset is also known as System only Restore, which helps reset the Admin user name, password, and also helps update the firmware automatically.
- Make sure that the device is powered off and remove the power cable from the WD My Cloud device.
- Press the Reset button on the rear side of the device using a paper clip or sharp pointed object, such as a pen.
- While pressing the Reset button and holding it, reconnect the power cable to the WD My Cloud device.
- Press and hold at least for 40 seconds, and then release the Reset button after 40 seconds.
- Now, the device starts rebooting. You need to wait until the rebooting process gets completed.
- The blinking blue LED turns into solid blue, which indicates that the device is ready to use.
- Hope this page will let you know How To Reset My WD Cloud, if not contact our experts & get fixed with it