HOW TO RESET SEAGATE EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE MAC
Like other external hard drives, Seagate EHD allows you to save and access your data on the go. Almost all the drives work with the Windows and Mac operating systems. The storage capacities of the drive will vary based on the type. However, if you’re looking for an affordable and reliable external hard drive for your daily needs, the Seagate EHD is the right choice.
Continue reading this page to know about How To Reset Seagate External Hard Drive Mac.
Resetting the EHD
Technically, all the Seagate external hard drives are designed to work with Mac. However, in some cases, you need to format the drive to use it for saving your data. To do so, follow the instructions below.
- Initially, connect the Seagate EHD directly to your Mac computer.
- Next, open the Finder menu.
- Select the Go option followed by Utilities.
- Locate the Disk Utility option in the opened window.
- Locate and select the Seagate EHD that is connected to your computer.
- Now, go to the Erase tab.
- Select the format type of your desire from the drop-down menu.
- Format the drive by following the prompts displayed on the screen.
If you find the Seagate EHD’s network settings are misconfigured, or you’re looking to restore its settings to default, reset it completely.
The following instructions will guide you in resetting Seagate EHD (Seagate Central drive) on Mac.
You can reset the Seagate Central drive in two different ways.
- Using the Reset button.
- Using the Seagate Central Assistant.
Both these methods are simple and straightforward to perform. To know more about the same, continue reading this page.
Using the Reset button
- Turn off the Seagate Central drive.
- To do so, unplug the drive's power cable from the electrical outlet.
- Count for 15 seconds.
- After doing that, reconnect the cable and turn on the drive.
- Wait for the drive to complete the boot-up process.
- Once all the lights become solid green, locate the RESET button at the bottom of the drive.
- Press and hold the located button using a paperclip or pen.
- Count for 10 to 15 seconds and release the button.
- If all the lights on the drive start flashing, the reset process is initiated.
- Wait for your Seagate drive to reset completely.
- Once the drive is restored, re-configure its settings from the beginning.
Using the Seagate Central Assistant
- Access the Seagate Central Assistant user interface’s sign-in page from your Mac computer.
- Enter your credentials on the opened page to enter into your Central account.
- Go to the Settings tab.
- Locate the Restore button and click on it.
- Now, the reset process will be initiated on your drive.
- Once the drive settings are restored, re-configure them correctly.
Contact us if you need real-time technical assistance on How To Reset Seagate External Hard Drive Mac.