HOW TO RESET TOSHIBA HARD DRIVE PASSWORD?
Resetting the Toshiba hard drive password is quite simple if you know the current password. Being protected is good, but if you have forgotten the current password of your Toshiba hard drive, nothing can help you retrieve the data except a third-party hard drive unlocker. If you are OK with losing data, then formatting the hard drive will be the best solution because you can recover the formatted hard drive using third-party data recovery software. But some level of encryption in Toshiba may not allow you to format the drive without the password. Follow the steps given below to know How To Reset Toshiba Hard Drive Password.
Steps to reset the Toshiba hard drive password using BIOS:
This method is applicable for the Toshiba laptops with Phoenix BIOS.
- Start by connecting your Toshiba hard drive to your laptop using a standard USB cable.
- Next, power on your laptop and press the F2 key while the loading screen appears. You have to load BIOS before Windows begins to boot.
- Once the BIOS has been loaded, select the Security tab using the arrow keys.
- Go to the Security Settings menu and select the User Password option below HDD/SDD Password Select.
- In the Password window, enter your password in the Current Password field and press the Enter key.
- Input your new password in the New Password field and press the Enter key.
- Retype the password for confirmation and press the Enter key.
- Close the Password window and save the configured settings by pressing the F10 key.
- Exit BIOS and wait for your laptop to boot normally.
If you cannot reset the Toshiba hard drive password, use a third-party hard drive unlocker such as Victoria HDD, Ultimate Boot CD, HDD Unlock Wizard, and CMOS PWD. You can also contact our dedicated technical experts for assistance in How To Reset Toshiba Hard Drive Password.