HOW TO RESET WD HARD DRIVE PASSWORD?
Most of the external hard drive manufacturers have their own software to protect the files and folders present on the hard drive. Western Digital is no different. Western Digital offers its own encryption software to protect its hard drive and the contents inside.
For Western Digital, there is Western Digital Security. It is a free solution from WD to protect the WD external devices. The WD Security enables you to protect and safeguard your hard drive in a second.
If you wish to know How To Reset Wd Hard Drive Password, you need to have the WD Security program on your computer. If you have not downloaded the WD Security application, you can download it from the official WD support page.
DOWNLOAD WD SECURITY
- Open the default browser on your computer.
- Click the address bar and type the URL for the WD support page.
- Filter your search for WD Security for Windows.
- Click the DOWNLOAD button.
- Complete the installation.
RESET WD HARD DRIVE PASSWORD
With the WD Security installed on your computer, you can easily learn to know How To Reset Wd Hard Drive Password.
- Connect the WD hard drive to your computer.
- Run the WD Security application.
- In the application, select the Remove password radio button.
- Enter the old password in the Password field.
- Click the Update Security Settings button.
- The password for the WD hard drive will be reset.
All you must do is download the WD Security application from the steps mentioned and follow the next set of steps to reset the WD hard drive password successfully.
If you have any queries that need to be resolved, click the CALL button on this page. Our dedicated technical team will be more than happy to solve your How To Reset Wd Hard Drive Password query through the issue.