How To Transfer Files From Mac To Seagate Backup Plus
Backup is an awesome way to save your files securely. You can use an external hard drive or a USB drive to back up your data. If you want to back up a large volume of data, then an EHD is the right choice for it.This page shows you how to transfer files from Mac to the Seagate Backup Plus drive.Seagate Backup Plus is an external hard drive that comes with a large storage capacity. You can connect this drive to your computer using a USB cable. It supports USB 3.0 connectivity and is designed to work with almost all the versions of the Mac operating system.Generally, the macOS comes with a built-in tool called Time Machine, which allows you to back up your data easily and securely to an external hard drive or cloud storage. However, the drive should be prepared and installed on your computer if you wish to use the EHD for backup. Continue reading this page to know how to transfer files from Mac to SeagateSeagate Backup Plus.
Preparing the Mac computer and the EHD
- Connect your Seagate Backup Plus drive to an electrical outlet using its power adapter.
- To do so, connect the adapter’s one end (small end) to the drive and the other end to the electrical outlet.
- Now, get a USB cable.
- Plug the cable’s one end to your drive’s USB port and the other end to the USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 port of the Mac computer.
- Now, turn on the drive and your computer.
- Once your computer recognizes the drive, open the Backup Plus drive.
- Run the installer file to install the hard drive software.
- Once the EHD software is installed, it is ready to use.
Transferring files from Mac to Seagate Backup Plus
- Open Time Machine on your computer.
- To do so, click on the Menu bar.
- Type Time Machine and select it.
- Alternatively, open the Apple menu.
- Select System Preferences > Time Machine.
- Click on the Select Backup Disk option.
- Now, the drives connected to your computer will be displayed on the screen.
- Locate and select your Seagate Backup Plus drive.
- Click the Use for Backup option.
- Perform the on-screen instructions to transfer your files from the Mac to the drive.
- Now you have learnt How To Transfer Files From Mac To Seagate Backup Plus