How To Transfer Files To Wd My Passport From Mac
Learn how to transfer files to WD My Passport from Mac.Backup is an awesome way to save your data securely. You can back up all kinds of data, such as videos, photos, documents, etc., using an external hard drive or a USB drive. However, the process to perform both these methods are the same.This page shows you how to transfer files to your WD My Passport from a Mac computer.
Transferring files to WD My Passport from Mac
You can transfer all your files directly from your Mac computer to the WD My Passport drive easily and quickly. However, before beginning the transfer process, check whether the drive and your computer are prepared for the same.
Preparing the drive and your computer
- Check if the WD My Passport drive is connected to your computer.
- If not, connect the drive to your computer using the USB cable.
- Wait for your computer to recognize the connected drive.
- Once the drive is recognized, format it to Mac (this will help the drive to function well).
- To do so:
- Back up the files stored on the drive (if such files exist).
- Open the Disk Utility screen on your computer.
- Choose your WD My Passport drive.
- Click Erase.
- Type the drive name in the Name field of the opened “Erase…” dialog box.
- Choose the FAT32 type from the Format drop-down menu.
- Click Erase.
- Format the drive by following the on-screen instructions.
Transferring the files
- Open the Finder window.
- Locate and select the file(s) you wish to transfer to the WD My Passport drive.
- Now, click & drag or copy/paste the selected files to the WD drive folder.
- Once you complete the transfer process, open the drive folder and check whether the backed-up files are displayed on it.
- If yes, it means that the transfer process is done successfully.
Contact us if you need real-time technical assistance on How To Transfer Files To Wd My Passport From Mac.