How To Unlock Wd My Passport Forgot Password?
Have you forgotten the password of your WD My Passport drive? Learn How To Unlock Wd My Passport Forgot Password. In general, you cannot access the data on your My Passport drive or write new data once it is locked. But you can erase the drive and recover the data using third-party data recovery software like EaseUS, Stellar Info, and Recoverit.
Erasing the drive in Windows:
- To begin with, connect your WD My Passport drive to your Windows computer. Make sure you use the cable that is provided with the drive.
- Give a double-click on the My Computer or This PC shortcut icon on the desktop to open Windows Explorer.
- Locate your WD My Passport drive and give a right-click on its icon.
- Choose the Format option and choose your format from the File system drop-down menu.
- Select the Quick Format checkbox and click the Start button to format your drive.
Erasing the drive on Mac:
- Before you begin, connect the WD My Passport drive to your Mac via a USB cable.
- Next, click to open Disk Utility from the Dock.
- Select the WD My Passport drive for which you have forgotten the password.
- If your drive is not listed in the left-side panel, check if you have properly connected the drive to your Mac.
- After selecting your device, click the Erase button at the top.
- Choose your format and scheme in the pop-up dialog box.
- Click the Erase button and wait until your drive is formatted.
Once you have erased the data, the password-protected drive will be unlocked. So, you can access the WD My Passport drive. Continue reading the steps to know how to recover the data that has been removed while formatting the drive.
Recovering data from the formatted WD My Passport drive:
- First, download a standard data recovery software and save it to your computer.
- Open the downloaded software and choose your WD My Passport drive from the displayed list.
- Select the file type and click the Scan button.
- Wait until the drive is completely scanned.
- Preview the deleted files you wish to recover and click the Recover button.
- If prompted, choose a folder on your computer to save the recovering files.
- Once the data recovery is complete, move the recovered files from the specified folder to your drive.
You have now seen How To Unlock Wd My Passport Forgot Password and access data when you have forgotten the password.