QUICK STEPS: HOW TO USE SEAGATE BACKUP PLUS ON MAC
As a portable external hard drive, Seagate Backup Plus makes your data backup easier. Using this drive, you can free up space on your system's internal drive. As it is easy to transfer data from any device to this hard drive, you can carry it anywhere. Be free from worrying about your data because Seagate Backup Plus is there to assist you in data protection. Continue reading the instructions below to learn how to use Seagate Backup Plus on Mac.
Formatting Seagate Backup Plus:
This method is optional. If you would like to share the drive between your Mac and Windows computers, follow the below steps to change the file format of your drive into exFAT. However, you can't use Time Machine since exFAT is not compatible with it. In case you want the drive to work with Time Machine, change the file format to Apple File System (APFS).
- To begin with, How To Use Seagate Backup Plus On Mac.
- Open Finder and click the Applications tab from the left-side panel.
- Select Utilities --> Disk Utility.
- Click View and select the Show All Devices option.
- Pick your Seagate external hard drive from the available list.
- Click the Erase button at the top of the Disk Utility window.
- Give a name for your drive and choose the file format you want.
- Select a scheme and click Erase.
- If prompted, confirm your action and click Done.
Method 2: Automatic backup using Time Machine
Using Seagate Backup Plus as a storage device on Mac:
- You can simply copy and paste the date from your internal drive to the Seagate drive.
- To copy the item you want, hold the Command key and press C.
- Navigate to the Seagate drive location; hold the Command key and press V to paste the copied item.
- Alternatively, you can quickly drag and drop the items you want into the Seagate folder.
Using Seagate Backup Plus on Mac for Time Machine backup:
- Ensure that the drive is firmly connected to your Mac.
- Click the Time Machine menu and open the Time Machine preferences.
- Click on Select Backup Disk.
- Choose your Seagate Backup Plus drive as the backup location and click Use Disk.
- Make sure that you select the Show Time Machine in menu bar checkbox.
Now, Time Machine will back up your data automatically to the drive. We are happy that you have learned a few techniques about How To Use Seagate Backup Plus On Mac. For assistance in resolving any issues, reach us by clicking the Call button on this page.