HOW TO USE WD EASYSTORE MAC
Western Digital easystore is an easy-to-use, portable, external hard drive that helps you store and access your data as per your preferences. Using this external desktop drive, you can back up all kinds of data, including photos, videos, and documents. Also, it is easy to set up on Windows/ Mac computer.
The highlighting features of the WD easystore drive are listed below.
- High Capacity storage drive- Up to 4 TB
- Automatic Backup software
- USB 3.0 connectivity
- More reliable
Scroll down this page to know how to use the Wd Easystore Mac.
Initially, check whether the product kit contains the below-mentioned contents. If yes, continue the setup process. Otherwise, contact your manufacturer to get the missing component.
- WD easystore Portable hard drive (comes with WD Discovery)
- USB 3.0 cable
- Quick Install Guide
Before connecting WD EasyStore to your Mac computer, check whether the device OS meets the requirements of the drive. Also, check and update your Mac computer OS.
- El Capitan
Updating the Mac computer
- Click the Apple icon in the dock.
- Select the Software Update option.
- Update your Mac computer OS by following the prompts displayed on the screen.
SETTING UP AND USING THE WD EASYSTORE MAC
Step 1: Connecting the drive to your Mac computer
- Initially, check whether your Mac computer is turned on and connected to a stable internet connection. If not, turn it on and connect the computer to the stable internet.
- Next, connect your WD easystore drive to the computer using the USB 3.0 cable.
- Make sure that you’re not using a USB hub for connectivity.
Step 2: Installing the WD software
- As soon as you connect the WD drive to your computer, the device will try to detect the connected drive.
- Once the connected drive is detected by your computer, a pop-up dialog box titled “Found New Hardware” will appear on the screen.
- Now, open the drive folder.
- Locate and double-click on the WD Discovery for Mac.dmg file.
- Install the WD Discovery and other utilities by following the prompts displayed on the screen.
Step 3: Using the drive
You need to reformat the WD easystore drive to use it on your Mac computer. After reformatting the drive, restore the WD software.
- Open the Internal Mac drive window on your Mac computer.
- Select Applications > Utilities > Disk Utilities.
- Now, the drive(s) that are connected to your computer will be displayed on the screen.
- Select the WD easystore drive from the list.
- Now, select the 1 Partition option from the Volume Scheme drop-down menu.
- Now, click the Options button to continue the format process.
- When prompted, choose the Apple Partition Map option as Partition Scheme and click OK.
- Complete the reformatting process by following the instructions displayed on the screen.
- After reformatting the drive, download and restore the latest version of WD Discovery software on your Mac computer.
*Note: The WD Backup software is not available for Mac computers.Contact us to know more about how to use the Wd Easystore Mac.