QUICK STEPS: HOW TO USE WD EASYSTORE ON WINDOWS 10
WD easystore is a portable hard drive known for offering high-capacity storage in a sleek device. Its USB 3.0 connectivity option enables faster transfer rates. With the increased capacity storage of WD easystore, you can preserve your memories more efficiently.
WD easystore comes preformatted with the NTFS file system. So, you can start using the hard drive directly without any formatting. The following steps will guide you through the procedure How To Use Wd Easystore On Windows 10.
- Turn on your Windows 10 computer.
- Using a USB cable, connect the WD easystore to your computer.
- Make sure that your hard drive appears in your computer’s file management utility.
- If you see the Found New Hardware screen, click the Cancel button.
- Now, the WD software will start to install the appropriate drivers for your hard drive.
- You can start using your WD easystore as an external storage device. If you want to upgrade its capabilities, you can install the WD Discovery software (it is available on your hard drive).
- To install WD Discovery, locate the software on your hard drive and double-click on WD Discovery.exe. Then, click on the Install Now button.
- Once you install WD Discovery, launch the software. Then, the WD Drive Utilities software will be installed automatically.
- When you open WD Discovery, the list of connected devices, update messages, and a link for registering your drive will appear.
- Now you can start registering your easystore drive. When you do so, you will get the latest updates and special offers.
- To register your device, connect your computer to the Internet.
- Open WD Discovery and go to the Devices tab.
- If you have connected more than one drive to your computer, select the one you want to register and click About followed by Register.
- When the Register your Device screen appears, enter the credentials and click the Register device button.
- That’s it; you are done with How To Use Wd Easystore On Windows 10.
HOW TO FIX WD EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE NOT SHOWING UP
- If your computer has a PCI adapter card for USB 3.1, 3.0, or 2.0, check whether their drivers are installed before you connect your external hard drive. Your external hard drive will not show up on your computer if these drivers are not installed.
- Whenever the connected drive fails to show up on your computer, you should check your USB cable. Disconnect and reconnect the cable. If you find any damage to it, replace it with a new one.
- Another method to fix the hard drive that fails to show up is by enabling a USB root hub on your computer. To do so, right-click on This PC and select Manage. Click System Tools, and it will show you all the devices connected. Expand the Universal Serial Bus Controllers option. Right-click on USB Root Hub and select Enable. Close the Computer Management window and reboot your computer. Now check whether your WD external hard drive shows up on your computer.
HOW TO FIX WD HARD DISK NOT RESPONDING
- In most instances, your WD external hard drive may not respond when your computer is infected with malware. To fix this issue, download and install any trustworthy antivirus software on your computer. Then, scan your system and remove all the risks so that your computer can stay healthy without any malware and viruses.
- When your computer is full of corrupted files, your WD external hard disk may fail to respond. You can run the SFC (System File Checker) scan to fix this issue. To proceed further, open Command Prompt, type sfc /scannow, and press Enter. Wait until the scanning process gets completed. Now, check whether your issue is resolved.
- Reinstalling the drivers can help you fix the hard drive that is not responding. To proceed further, open the Device Manager section by pressing the Windows and S keys simultaneously. Expand the Disk Drives section, right-click on your external hard drive, and select the Uninstall option. Then, disconnect the hard drive and restart your computer. Now, reconnect your WD hard drive and check whether your issue is resolved. If your WD external hard drive is still not responding, reach out to us for expert assistance.
- Now you have learned How To Use Wd Easystore On Windows 10