How To Use WD My Book External Hard Drive?
Western Digital has produced numerous external devices over the years. Of the lot, the WD My Book device is considered to be the finest. If you are planning to purchase a storage device, the WD My Book external hard drive is the one that’ll satisfy all your needs. To know How To Use WD My Book External Hard Drive, read the steps given below.
The WD My Book storage device can be shared universally with gaming consoles, computers, tablets, and smartphones. With the WD device, you can easily have access to all your files away from home without relying on a computer. If you are looking to have enormous storage at your disposal, the WD My Book external device is the one you should choose.
In this article, we’ve discussed how to use the WD My Book external hard drive easily.
If you have purchased WD My Book and are unsure how it works, keep reading.
Accessories in the Box
- The WD My Book device
- USB cable
- Power Cord
- User and Installation Manual
HOW TO USE IT?
- Turn on your computer.
- Connect the WD My Book hard drive to the power source with the power cord.
- Connect the WD hard drive to the computer with the help of the provided USB cable.
- After a while, you will find that your WD drive shows up on the screen.
With the help of the hard drive’s driver, you will be able to operate the hard drive on your computer easily. The driver download can be done from the official WD support page.
DOWNLOAD DRIVER MANUALLY
- Open the WD support page in your browser.
- Click the Downloads tab.
- The Software & Download page will open.
- Click the Product drop-down list.
- Select the WD My Book device.
- Click Submit.
- Choose Software For Windows.
- Click the DOWNLOAD button for the driver.
- Do a double-click on the downloaded .zip file.
- Extract the contents to any folder on your computer.
- Once the window opens, you will see the WDDiscovery option.
- Do a double-click to initiate the installation.
- The computer will ask to confirm and select a button to proceed.
- The WD Discovery Setup window will open; click the Next button to proceed.
- Accept the End User License Agreement; follow the commands on the screen.
- Click the Install button.
- Hope now you find solutions to How To Use WD My Book External Hard Drive?, If not, call our expert team & know more.