QUICK STEPS: INSTALL TOSHIBA CANVIO BASICS 2TB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE
In order to Install Toshiba Canvio Basics 2tb External Hard Drive, you need the following items.
- The Toshiba Canvio 2TB External hard drive
- USB Micro-B cable
- Windows 10/ Windows 8.1 and Windows 7
- A 2.0 USB port
- Make sure your computer is turned on.
- Now, unpack the Hard Drive from the box along with the USB cable.
- Connect one end of the USB cable to the hard drive and the other end to the computer's USB port.
- The power light will illuminate and the hard drive will power up.
- The Toshiba Canvio Basics 2tb External Hard Drive Installation is now complete.
Toshiba Canvio 2TB External Hard Drive Software Download
You can download the software for the Toshiba Canvio 2TB External Hard Drive from the official Toshiba support page.
Open a browser. Visit the Toshiba Canvio support page. Scroll down the support page and you will see the version of the software and the release date. Under the Software section, click the Download icon.
Toshiba Canvio 2TB External Hard Drive Partitioning
Before you proceed with the steps to partition the Toshiba Canvio 2TB external hard drive, ensure that the hard drive is connected to the computer. The steps are for Windows 10 users.
- Click the Windows icon.
- Select the following options, Control Panel -> System and Security -> Administrative Tools.
- Do a double-click on the Disk Management option.
- Do a right-click on the free space of the connected Toshiba hard drive.
- select the New Simple Volume option.
- Click the Next button.
- Enter the size you want for the partition (in Megabytes) and select Next.
- Allot a drive letter for identification and click the Next button.
- Follow the on-screen commands and click Finish.
- For further queries on how to Install Toshiba Canvio 2TB External Hard Drive, feel free to call us.
Format Toshiba Canvio 2TB External Hard Drive
Formatting a hard drive is quite simple. Make sure the Toshiba Canvio External Hard Drive is connected to the computer.
- Open This PC on your computer.
- Locate the connected Toshiba hard drive.
- Do a right-click on the hard drive and select Format.
- In the Format pop-up window, click the Start button.
- The format process won't take much of your time.
How To Recover Files Using TOSHIBA CANVIO BASICS 2TB External Hard Drive?
Officially there are no recovery software specially made for Toshiba Canvio hard drives. But, there are a lot of third-party recovery software that can be used. The one you are going to read is about Recoverit.
DOWNLOAD AND RECOVER
- Open the official Recoverit page in your browser.
- Click the Download|Win button (Windows).
- Make sure the Toshiba hard drive is connected to the computer.
- Open the downloaded software.
- Select External Devices Recovery.
- Confirm if your hard drive is connected and click the Start button.
- The recovery process will show you the files recovered.
- Click the Recover button to recover data from your Toshiba Canvio 2TB external hard drive.
- Feel free to contact us for further queries on how to Install Toshiba Canvio 2TB External Hard Drive.
Toshiba Canvio 2TB External Hard Drive Not Connected
There are different methods to troubleshoot the Toshiba Canvio 2TB external hard drive if it is not connected. Some simple steps to solve the issue are,
- Make sure the USB cable is connected properly to the hard drive and the computer.
- If the USB cable appears to be damaged, replace the cable as soon as possible.
- The problem can also be because of the USB port. Ensure the port does not have any dust inside.
Here are two methods that can solve the issue. Make sure the Toshiba Canvio 2TB hard drive is connected.
- Open the Settings window (Windows + I). Click the Troubleshoot option.
- Select the Hardware and Devices option and click the Run the troubleshooter button.
- The Hardware and Devices troubleshooter will start the scan and will show you the possible solutions.
- Click the Apply this fix button to apply the changes.
- Click the search bar on the desktop screen.
Update The Usb Controller Driver
- Type Device manager and press the Enter button.
- Select the Device Manager option and wait for it to open.
- Scroll down and click the Universal Serial Bus Controllers option.
- Do a right-click on the USB drive and click the Update driver button.
- Click the Search automatically for the updated driver software option.
- For further queries on how to Install Toshiba Canvio Basics 2tb External Hard Drive, feel free to call us.