QUICK STEPS: INSTALL TOSHIBA CANVIO 4TB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE
External hard drives are devices that help in accessing your important data from anywhere. All you need to access your data from an external hard drive is a USB cable to connect the drive to a computer. On this page, we have provided simple instructions for Install Toshiba Canvio 4TB External Hard Drive.
TOSHIBA CANVIO 4TB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE INSTALLATION
In order to Install Toshiba Canvio 4TB External Hard Drive, you need a USB Micro-B cable.
The system requirements are:
- Windows 10, Windows 8.1, or Windows 7
- USB 2.0 port
Here we go with the hard drive installation:
- Make sure your computer is turned on.
- Now unpack the hard drive from the box and ensure to keep the USB cable aside.
- Connect the bigger pin of the USB cable to the hard drive and the other end to a USB port on the computer.
- The Toshiba Canvio 4TB hard drive will light up.
- And, the installation is now complete.
TOSHIBA CANVIO 4TB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE SOFTWARE DOWNLOAD
You can download the software for the Toshiba Canvio 4TB External Hard Drive Installation from the official Toshiba support page.
- Open the default browser.
- Visit the Toshiba Canvio support page.
- Scroll down the support page, and you will notice the software version and the release date.
- Right under the Software section, click the Download icon.
TOSHIBA CANVIO 4TB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE PARTITIONING
Before you proceed with the steps to Partition Toshiba Canvio 4TB external hard drive, ensure the drive is connected to your computer. The steps are for Windows users only.
- Click the Windows icon.
- Open the Control Panel window.
- Select System and Security > Administrative Tools.
- Do a double-click on the Disk Management option.
- Do a right-click on the free space of the connected Toshiba Canvio 4TB hard drive (at the bottom of the Disk Management window).
- Select the New Simple Volume option.
- Click the Next button.
- Enter the size you want for the partition (in MB) and select Next.
- Allot a drive letter for your identification; click the Next button.
- Follow the on-screen commands and click Finish.
FORMAT TOSHIBA CANVIO 4TB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE
Formatting a hard drive is quite simple. Here we have listed the simple steps to format the drive on a Windows computer.
- Make sure the Toshiba Canvio 4TB Hard Drive is connected to the computer.
- Open This PC on your computer.
- Locate the connected Toshiba hard drive.
- Do a right-click on the hard drive and select Format.
- In the Format pop-up window, click the Start button.
- The format will be complete in under a minute.
HOW TO RECOVER FILES USING TOSHIBA CANVIO 4TB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE?
Officially there is no recovery software specially made for Toshiba Canvio hard drives. But, there are a lot of third-party recovery software that can be used. One of the best third-party recovery software is Recoverit. These are the steps for using the recovery software to get back the lost data on your Toshiba Canvio 4TB external hard drive.
DOWNLOAD AND RECOVER (USING RECOVERIT)
- Open the Recoverit page in your browser.
- Click the Download|Win button (Windows).
- Install the software on your computer.
- Make sure the Toshiba hard drive is connected to the computer.
- Open the downloaded software.
- Select External Devices Recovery.
- Confirm if your hard drive is connected and click the Start button.
- The recovery process will show you the files that can be recovered.
- Have a look at the files from the preview option (optional).
- Click the Recover button to recover the lost data from your Toshiba Canvio 4TB external hard drive.
TOSHIBA CANVIO 4TB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE TROUBLESHOOTING
As a hard drive user, you are bound to face some issue or another. One such hard drive issue you might face is the hard drive connection issue. There are different methods to resolve the issue. Here, we have mentioned the two best methods to make sure the connection problem is resolved.
TOSHIBA CANVIO 4TB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE NOT CONNECTED
There are different methods to solve the issue if your Toshiba Canvio 4TB external hard drive is not connected. Some simple steps to solve the issue are,
- Make sure the USB cable is connected properly to the hard drive and the computer.
- If the USB cable appears to be damaged, replace it as soon as possible.
- The problem can also be because of the USB port. Ensure the port does not have any dust inside.
- You can try to connect the Toshiba hard drive to a different computer to see if the connection works.
- Restart your computer and try again.
Here are two methods that can solve the Install Toshiba Canvio 4TB External Hard Drive issue, check is connected to the computer.
METHOD 1: WINDOWS TROUBLESHOOTER
- Open the Settings window (Windows + I).
- Click the Troubleshoot option.
- Select the Hardware and Devices option.
- Click the Run the troubleshooter button.
- The Hardware and Devices troubleshooter will run and will give out some solutions that will be useful.
- Click the Apply this fix button to apply the changes.
METHOD 2: UPDATE THE USB CONTROLLER DRIVER
- Click the search bar on the desktop screen.
- Type Device Manager and press the Enter button.
- Select the Device Manager option and wait for it to open.
- Scroll down and click the Universal Serial Bus Controllers option.
- Do a right-click on the USB drive and click the Update driver button.
- Click the Search automatically for the updated driver software option.
- For further queries on Install Toshiba Canvio 4TB External Hard Drive, call us .