Recover Data From Dead Seagate External Hard Drive
Computer users often utilize Seagate hard drives to increase storage capacity. They provide a great option to store photos, videos, and other media types that you don’t want to keep on your primary disk. Unfortunately, external hard drives are not immune to data loss, and this can happen due to several reasons. There could be many reasons behind a dead Seagate hard drive, such as: Logical failure, Physical damage, and Mechanical damage. Some of the issues can be quickly addressed, and you can easily recover the lost information. In this guide, we have given some of the quick hacks and data recovery steps that will help you Recover Data From Dead Seagate External Hard Drive.
- When you come to know that your Seagate Hard Drive is not Showing Up or is dead, try to connect the drive to another USB port of your computer.
- You can attempt to connect the hard drive to another computer to check whether it is really dead or not.
- As a quick hack, you can reboot the system. This technique can solve many hard drive issues.
- Before you proceed with the steps given below, immediately stop using your Seagate hard drive to avoid overwriting, as it can permanently erase the lost data before Recover Data From Dead Seagate External Hard Drive.
- Apart from the below-given methods, you can install any third-party software to recover the data from your dead Seagate hard drive.
- But using third-party software might compromise the entire data in some cases.
Change the drive letter ⇒
Change the drive letter ⇒
USE THE COMMAND PROMPT WINDOW:
- Open the Command Prompt window and follow the steps given below for a successful data recovery process.
- Once the black window opens on your system, type chkdsk drive letter: /f and press the Enter button.
- Press Y until the command line reappears on your screen.
- Type the correct drive letter and press Enter.
- Type attrib -h -r -s /s /d *.*. and hit Enter.
- Once the data is recovered, never save the recovered data on the same hard drive.
MAKE USE OF THE SEAGATE RECOVERY SOFTWARE:
- Open your browser and download the Seagate external hard drive recovery software onto your PC.
- If you are a Mac user, then download the Mac version of the recovery software.
- Once the software is downloaded, follow the simple steps to install the same on your computer.
- Use the digital cable to connect the Seagate hard drive to your PC.
- Make sure that your PC detects the hard drive correctly.
- Open the application; on the home page itself, you will see all kinds of data.
- Choose the files you wish to Recover Data From Dead Seagate External Hard Drive.
- In the next window, select the Seagate external hard drive from where the recovery process will start.
- Click Scan to recover the deleted files from the Seagate external hard drive.
- The recovery time depends on the amount of data stored on your drive.
- Wait patiently while the software runs in the background.
- Once done, the files will be sorted into categories.
- Filter the data and click Recover to save them onto your PC.
NOTE: From next time onwards, try to take regular backups on different storage locations to avoid data loss. As digital data is important in today’s world, be more cautious to avoid losing it. For further queries on Recover Data From Dead Seagate External Hard Drive, contact us.