SEAGATE 12TB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE
Seagate external hard drives are always reliable and you can store all your important data on them. They come preformatted with the NTFS file system, so you don’t need to do any formatting to make it work on Windows computers. You just have to plug the Seagate drive into your computer using the supplied USB cable. If you are using a Mac, it will be a read-only hard drive; so you should reformat it with the Mac OS Extended file system before using it. To know in detail about your Seagate 12TB external hard drive, read this article.
STEPS TO USE YOUR SEAGATE 12TB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE ON WINDOWS
If you want to manually move your data to your Seagate hard drive, you can use the drag and drop/copy and paste techniques. The following instructions will guide you further.
- Connect your Seagate 12TB external hard drive to your Windows computer using a USB cable.
- Open File Explorer.
- Locate the document you want to move to your Seagate hard drive. Right-click on it and select the Cut option.
- Open the Seagate hard drive folder. Right-click on your mouse and click Paste.
- In case you wish to make a copy of your document, right-click on it and select Copy. Then, head up to the Seagate drive and paste the document in the preferred destination.
- If you are looking for an automatic backup, you can use the built-in utility of your Windows computer.
HOW TO USE YOUR SEAGATE 12TB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE ON MAC
As previously mentioned, you cannot use your Seagate hard drive on your Mac without reformatting. Suppose you are going to use your hard drive exclusively on your Mac, format it with the Mac OS Extended file system. For using the same hard drive on both your Windows and Mac computers, format it with the exFAT file system. To use a specific space for your Time Machine backup, you can give a partition for it and use the rest of the storage space for other requirements. Here is the procedure for formatting your hard drive.
- Connect your Seagate 12TB external hard drive to your Mac using a USB cable.
- Go to the Disk Utility section. Under External, click on your Seagate hard drive and click Erase.
- Specify a name for your hard drive and select GUID Partition Map in the Scheme field. Then, select your preferred file system and click on Erase.
- Once you have formatted your Seagate hard drive, you can use it on your Mac without any hindrance.
HOW TO MOVE FILES ON YOUR MAC
- Select the document you wish to copy and press the Command and C keys simultaneously.
- Now, navigate to the location in which you wish to paste the copied file. Then, press the Command and V keys simultaneously.
In this way, you should use your Seagate 12TB external hard drive on your Windows and Mac computers. For further queries and clarifications, reach us for technical assistance.