SEAGATE 2TB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE FOR XBOX ONE
Using the Seagate 2TB external hard drive is one of the best ways to expand the storage of your Xbox One console. Before you start to use an external hard drive with your Xbox One console, you need to set it up on your console. But, make sure that the external hard drive is compatible with your console. So, if you want to set the Seagate 2tb External Hard Drive For Xbox One, follow the below instructions carefully.
FOR GAMES AND APPS
- First, connect the Seagate hard drive to your Xbox One console using a USB cable.
- You will now see a prompt on the screen to format the drive for games and apps.
- Choose the Format storage drive option.
- Enter a name for the drive.
- Select the Arrow icon on the keypad to continue.
- Choose the Keep current location option in the window that displays.
- Now, pick the Format storage device option.
- When the drive format is over, you can copy, move, or save your games and apps.
- At times, the automatic prompt to format the drive does not appear. In this case, you can manually perform the process by following the below steps.
- Select the Settings icon from the home screen on your console.
- Choose the All settings option from the left pane of the screen.
- Next, select the System category from the list in the left pane.
- Pick the Storage option from the list (on the right).
- In the next window, choose your Seagate external hard drive . Pick the Format for games and apps option from the drop-down list.
- Now, select the Format storage device option.
- Input a name for your device and use the Arrow icon on the keypad to continue.
- Next, choose the Install new things here option.
- Select the Format storage device option.
- Now, the drive will start to get formatted on your console.
- Make sure to connect the drive to your Xbox One console using a USB cable.
- In order to use the drive for media, you don’t need to format it. So, choose the Use for Media option when you are prompted to set up external storage.
- You can hit and hold the Xbox button on the console or access the media in Media Player.
- From the Home screen, select the Media Player option from the list.
- Now, choose your Seagate drive from the list of available devices.
- You will see all the available media that is stored on the drive. Now you have learnt how to setup Seagate 2tb External Hard Drive For Xbox One