SEAGATE 8TB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE NOT RECOGNIZED
Is your computer unable to recognize the Seagate 8TB external hard drive? Well, this issue will occur due to connectivity or drive partitioning issues. By following the below instructions, you can solve the Seagate 8tb External Hard Drive Not Recognized problem.
CHECKING THE CONNECTIVITY
- Make sure that you have properly connected the Seagate 8TB external hard drive to the port on your computer.
- If it does not connect properly, remove the drive and reconnect it to a different port on the computer.
- If it doesn’t work, replace the USB cable with a new one and reconnect the hard drive to your computer.
- In case you are using an adapter, remove the hard drive and wait for some time.
- Again, reconnect the hard drive to the adapter.
- Check whether the Seagate hard drive is now recognized on your computer.
- If the issue continues, follow the instructions given below.
INITIALIZING AND PARTITIONING THE DRIVE
- Make sure to connect the Seagate hard drive to your computer.
- Select the Start menu on your computer.
- Launch the Run dialog box using the search bar at the bottom of the window.
- Type compmgmt.msc into the respective field and press the Enter key on the keyboard.
- Here, you will see the Computer Management window on the screen.
- Select Disk Management below the Storage section.
- Next, right-click on the Seagate hard drive and choose the Initialize Disk option from the drop-down list.
- Now, select the partition style and click OK.
- After initializing the disk, the partition will show Unallocated status.
- Right-click on the Unallocated partition and choose the New Simple Volume option from the drop-down list.
- Perform the on-screen instructions and click Next.
- Here, choose the partition size and click the Next button.
- Select the drive letter from the drop-down list and click Next.
- Next, go to the Format this volume with the following settings section and set the File system and Volume label from the drop-down lists.
- Click the Next button at the bottom of the window.
- Ensure that the selected options are correct and click on the Finish button.
- After completing the formatting process, the drive will show up on your computer.
- If it doesn’t show up, follow the below instructions.
CHANGING THE HARD DRIVE LETTER AND PATH
- Ensure to properly connect the hard drive to your computer.
- Go to the Start menu on your computer and search for Disk Management using the search bar at the bottom of the window.
- Select the Disk Management option from the search results.
- Now, right-click on the Seagate hard drive and select the Change Drive Letter and Paths option from the drop-down list.
- Here, click the Change button.
- Make sure to select Assign the following drive letter and choose a letter from the drop-down list.
- Click on the OK button.
- Next, restart your computer and wait until the device turns on.
- Connect the Seagate 8TB external hard drive to your computer and check whether it is recognized.
You can fix the “Seagate 8TB external hard drive not recognized” issue by following the above instructions.