SEAGATE BACKUP PLUS HUB 8TB NOT RECOGNIZED
Here is the list of things you have to check at first if your Seagate Backup Plus Hub 8tb Not Recognized by your computer.
- Ensure that the power cable is connected securely to the wall’s electrical outlet and the external hard drive.
- If you have connected any USB hubs or extension cords to your computer, remove them. Sometimes, a computer may find it difficult to detect an external hard drive if it has many devices connected to it.
- Make sure that the power outlet is working properly. You can connect another device to your power outlet to check its functionality. Also, ensure that the power cord is connected firmly.
- Turn off your computer, disconnect the power cord and wait for at least 60 seconds. Reconnect the power cord to your computer and turn it on. Check if the computer can detect your drive.
THE SECOND LEVEL OF TROUBLESHOOTING
Check the status of your Seagate Backup Plus Hub 8TB in the Device Manager and Disk management sections.
- Press the Windows and R keys.
- When the Run box pops up, type compmgmt.msc and press Enter.
- Click on the Device Manager option.
- Expand the Disk Drives option and locate your Seagate external hard drive.
If your drive is not detected:
- In the Device Manager section, find any entries with a yellow exclamatory (!) icon.
- Right-click on the unknown device and choose Properties.
- Under the General tab, check the Device Status. You may find the error code 10 or 28.
- If the error code is 10 and you have already tried using a different cable and computer, then the external drive may be failed.
- In this case, you can consider the data recovery option if you need your data.
- If the drive is empty or you don’t need the data, then you can replace the external drive if it is under the warranty period.
If you find the error code 28, or other codes such as Code 43, then you can try the following instructions.
- Close the window that displays the error code.
- Right-click on the problematic external drive and choose Uninstall.
- Unplug your drive and restart your computer.
- Once your computer restarts, plug the Seagate drive into a different port.
- Windows will start to install the device drivers.
- Now, check the Device Status and ensure that you fixed the error code.
If your Seagate Backup Plus Hub 8TB is still not recognized, check its health in the Disk Management section. The following instructions can help you in that regard.
- Open Device Manager and right-click on the Seagate drive under the Disk Drives section.
- Click Properties --> Volume --> Populate.
- Note down the disk number such as Disk 1, Disk 2, etc.
- Click Disk Management on the left side to check the drive’s health.
- Next, locate the disk number.
If your drive displays as RAW or Unallocated, it indicates that your drive needs formatting. Therefore, format your hard drive and rectify your problem.
In case you have any concerns related to the Seagate Backup Plus Hub 8tb Not Recognized, feel free to contact us.