Seagate Backup Plus Recovery - Quick Tips
Seagate Backup Plus is one of the best portable external hard drives available in the market. It allows you to take a copy of your important files and store it securely for future use. Seagate offers an array of easy-to-use software tools for its drives, which is an added advantage.
Using the Seagate Backup Plus hard drive, you can schedule the backup process as per your desire. However, anyone can delete a file from the backup drive accidentally or unknowingly. If you have deleted any important file from the Seagate Backup Plus drive, then continue reading this page to know about Seagate Backup Plus Recovery.
You can use the Seagate Recovery software to recover the deleted or lost files on your Seagate Backup Plus drive. The following instructions will help you do exactly that. These steps are only for the Windows OS.
Initially, download and install the Seagate Recovery software on your Windows computer by following the instructions given below.
- Visit the Seagate product's web page from your computer browser.
- From the Software section, select the Seagate Recovery software and click on the Download button.
- Once the recovery software file is downloaded, open it to begin the installation process.
- As soon as the setup wizard is displayed on the screen, click on the Next button.
- Accept the license agreement of Seagate to install its recovery software on your computer.
- When prompted, choose or create a desired location to save the software's destination folder and click Next -> Install. Now, the Seagate Backup Plus Recovery software will start to install on your Windows computer.
- Once the software is installed on your computer, select the Launch Seagate Recovery Suite option on the Final screen and click on the Finish button.
Now, you can use the Seagate Recovery software to recover the lost file(s) from the Backup Plus hard drive.
- Connect your Seagate Backup Plus hard drive to the Windows computer using the USB cable.
- Make sure that your drive is detected by the computer. (Note: In case the drive is not detected by your computer, unplug and reconnect the drive to it).
- Now, launch the Seagate Recovery software, if it is closed.
- On the main screen of the recovery application, click on the Recover Lost files option.
- If prompted, select your Seagate drive and click on the Forward arrow button.
- On the "Search scan mode for" screen, select the Simple & Quick scan or Advanced scan option and click Next. (Note: If you are planning to recover the files that are recently deleted or the ones that are removed from the recycle bin too, select the Simple & Quick scan option. Similarly, to scan and recover the added, formatted, and deleted files, use the Advanced scan option).
- Now, the recovery software will start to scan your Seagate drive.
- Once the scanning is finished, all the files that are detected during the scanning process will be displayed on the screen.
- Choose the file that you wish to recover and click on the Recover button.
To know more about Seagate Backup Plus Recovery, contact us.