Seagate Barracuda 2 TB Not Working - Issue Fix
Occasionally, if you plug your Seagate Barracuda external hard drive into your computer, it may not show up or be detected. Unfortunately, the disk and its contents (files and folders) will become inaccessible. The Seagate Barracuda 2 TB Not Working is a common problem with the Seagate Barracuda drives.
If you feel that the data is not that important, then quickly format it. If the data is important and you are unaware of how to troubleshoot the issue, then this guide will help you make the Seagate Barracuda 2TB external hard drive work properly like before.
SOME OF THE COMMON TROUBLESHOOTING STEPS:
- Check the power supply of your home or office.
- Try to check the Seagate hard drive using the Disk Management tool on your PC.
- Update the drivers at regular intervals to avoid malfunctioning of the hard drive in the future.
- In case of physical failure, you need to have a look at the hard drive to check whether it is damaged or the pins are bent/broken.
- If you have made the wrong partition on your PC by mistake, it could also result in the hard drive not working problem.
TRY A DIFFERENT USB PORT OR USB CABLE:
The below troubleshooting method is one of the best solutions for external hard drive not working problem.
- Unplug the external hard drive from one USB port and attach it to another USB port.
- Besides, you can reboot your PC.
- However, you can connect the Seagate hard drive to a different computer.
- Check whether the USB cable is damaged.
- If yes, use a different USB cable.
- These are the simple steps; if the Seagate Barracuda 2 TB Not Working issue is not yet solved, then move on to the below troubleshooting methods.
RUN A SYSTEM SCAN:
There are chances that your Seagate external hard drive is affected by a virus.
- Install a well-reputed antivirus software on your PC.
- Run a full system scan to know whether the disk is affected by viruses.
Note: If you already have any antivirus software on your PC, then use that itself to perform a full system scan.
CHECK WHETHER SEAGATE IS A HIDDEN DRIVE:
- Right-click on the Start icon.
- Select Device Manager.
- Click on the View tab to view the hidden devices.
- Right-click on the inactive devices and click Delete.
- Once done, you can restart your computer and then check whether the hard drive is working like before.
CHANGE SEAGATE DRIVE LETTER:
If your external hard drive shares the same letter as your disk partition, then Windows will not show the drive letter of your Seagate hard drive. To fix the Seagate Barracuda 2 TB Not Working issue, you need to add a new drive letter to your Seagate disk.
- Connect the hard drive to your computer.
- Open Disk Management.
- Right-click on the partition and then choose Change Drive Letter and Paths.
- Set a unique letter for your Seagate drive.
- Click OK to confirm.
FORMAT RAW SEAGATE TO NTFS:
If your external hard drive shows RAW or is unallocated, then formatting the drive will be the best option.
- Connect the hard drive to your PC.
- Open the Disk Management window.
- Right-click on the not working RAW drive and select the Format option.
- Set volume label.
- Set NTFS as the file system.
- Tick Quick Format.
- Finally, click the OK button to initialize the formatting process.
TURN ON USB ROOT HUB:
Sometimes, your Seagate Barracuda drive might stop working if multiple devices are connected to the same USB hub.
- Connect your Seagate hard drive to your PC.
- Open the Device Manager window.
- Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
- Right-click on the USB Root Hub and click Properties.
- Select Power Management.
- Now, deselect the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power option.
- Finally, restart your PC.
REPAIR THE SEAGATE BARRACUDA WITH FIRST AID:
If the Seagate hard drive is unmountable or the Mount icon is grayed out, then this could be due to some disk errors preventing your computer from properly recognizing the drive. Fortunately, if you are a Mac user, you can use First Aid to help you fix the Seagate Barracuda hard drive issues.
- Click the Launchpad on the Dock and findOther.
- Locate Disk Utility.
- Double-click on Disk Utility to open it.
- Select the non-mountable external hard drive and choose First Aid at the top.
- Click Run to repair the not working Seagate Barracuda 2TB external hard drive.
The above-mentioned troubleshooting steps will definitely help you solve the Seagate Barracuda 2 TB Not Working problem. In case of any data corruption, try to use professional data recovery software to recover the data from your hard drive. Furthermore, if you need any kind of assistance, call our technicians.