[Solved] Seagate Barracuda Hard Drive Failure
The Seagate Barracuda hard drive is one of those amazing external storage devices. The Seagate hard drives are suited for both Mac and Windows computers. On a bad day, you might find that your Seagate Barracuda hard drive is going through some issues and eventually will fail to get detected on your computer. We are glad you paid us a visit to resolve your worries. We will surely help you solve all your Seagate Barracuda Hard Drive Failure problems.
Here are some causes that might lead to the Seagate Barracuda hard drive failure.
- There is some issue with one of the USB ports on your computer or laptop.
- The Seagate Barracuda hard drive is affected by physical damage.
- The hard drive does not go well with the recent OS upgrade ( Windows or Mac ).
- The USB cable connected to the Seagate hard drive and the computer/laptop appears to be damaged.
- The Seagate hard drive is outdated.
- There is a virus that might have affected the Seagate hard drive.
Here are some basic troubleshooting steps to look at to fix the Seagate Barracuda Hard Drive Failure.
- Remove the hard drive and connect it slowly to a different USB port (on your computer) to see if the light shows up on the device.
- Connect the Seagate hard drive to the computer using a different USB cable.
- Notice if the Seagate hard drive is giving any beeping sound or vibrating when connected to the computer or laptop.
If the above-mentioned steps do not help in fixing the Seagate Barracuda hard drive failure issue, scroll down for some of the best troubleshooting methods for both Windows and Mac users.
We will be providing the steps for both the Windows and Mac operating systems so that they will help every user who is looking for a solution.
FIX 1: UPDATE THE USB CONTROLLER
- Open the Run command on your computer or laptop (Windows + R).
- Open Device Manager (type devmgmt.msc).
- Scroll down the window to the Universal Serial Bus Controllers (USB) section and click on the arrow button on the left.
- See if any of the USB controllers is showing a Yellow icon next to the name.
- If you find any, do a right-click and select the Update Driver Software option.
- When the pop-up window opens, click the Search Automatically option.
Wait for the update to get over and see if the Seagate Barracuda hard drive is working or not. Proceed with the following methods if the issue persists.
FIX 2: CLEAR THE DUST
There are times when there is a lot of dust in the USB port you are using, which will eventually lead to the problem. So, follow these steps to get rid of all the dust.
- Disconnect the Seagate hard drive from the computer.
- Unplug the cable from the Seagate device.
- Blow air into the ports of the computer, the cable, and also the hard drive. Doing so will remove all the accumulated dust inside the port.
- Reconnect the cable to the Seagate device and connect it to the computer to see if it works.
FIX 1: ENABLE HARD DRIVE IN FINDER
- Click the Finder icon.
- Select Preferences and then select Sidebar.
- Scroll to the Locations section and click the checkbox for the External disks option.
- Select the General tab.
- Right under Show these items on the desktop, click the checkbox for the External disks option.
FIX 2: USE FIRST AID TO REPAIR
- Click the Launchpad (Rocket) from the dock.
- Click the Other option.
- Locate and click the Disk Utility option.
- On the left pane, select the unmounted Seagate hard drive.
- Select First Aid at the top.
- Click the Run button.
- The repair process for the hard drive will begin now.
See if the above procedure solves the Seagate Barracuda Hard Drive Failure problem.
FIX 3: FORMAT THE HARD DRIVE
If the Seagate hard drive partially shows up, but does not open the contents, you have to take a risk and perform a format on the hard drive.
- Click the Finder icon.
- Select the following options, Applications -> Utilities -> Disk Utility.
- In the left section, select the Seagate hard drive.
- Click the Erase button.
- The format will now take place and the progress of the process will be displayed.
- Click the Done button once the format is complete.
Follow the above methods to ensure that you do not face the Seagate Barracuda Hard Drive Failure on either your Windows or Mac computer.