Seagate Barracuda Not Showing Up In Bios
Due to several reasons, your Seagate Barracuda Not Showing Up In Bios. The primary reason for this issue can be a faulty data cable, incorrect jumper settings, a faulty hard drive, etc. This guide lists the best solutions to fix your Seagate Barracuda hard drive that fails to show up in the BIOS. Read this page and resolve your problem like a pro.
TURN ON SEAGATE BARRACUDA IN THE BIOS
If you turn off your hard drive in the BIOS, it will not show up. To fix this issue, you need to enter the BIOS and turn on your hard drive. Follow these instructions for the detailed procedure.
HOW TO ENTER THE BIOS?
- When you turn on your computer, it will show you a brief message about entering the BIOS.
- Every manufacturer has a unique procedure to enter the BIOS. For instance, when you take a Dell computer, you need to press the F2 button to enter the BIOS. So, check your computer documentation to know the procedure for entering the BIOS.
- Once you know the procedure, turn on your computer and enter the BIOS. Then, check whether you have turned off your Seagate Barracuda in System Setup. If so, turn it on and then check if your issue is fixed.
FAULTY DATA CABLE
- If the Seagate Barracuda Not Showing Up In Bios, see if the data cable is faulty. The BIOS will not detect your Seagate Barracuda hard drive if the connection is defective.
- To fix this problem, open the side panels of your CPU. Then, inspect the motherboard and the connections. Make sure that the DATA cables are connected firmly. If the data cable is bent or faulty, replace it with a new one.
- Now, check whether your BIOS can detect your Seagate Barracuda hard drive.
CHECK IF YOUR DRIVE IS SPINNING
When your hard drive is not receiving enough power supply, it will not spin. As a result, your Seagate Barracuda will not appear in the BIOS. Follow these steps to check whether your hard drive is spinning or not.
- Turn off your computer.
- Open the side cables of your computer and take out the data cable from your hard drive. Then, turn on your computer and check whether your hard drive is spinning.
- If you are unsure whether your Seagate Barracuda hard drive is spinning or not, you can touch the side of the drive and check whether you can feel a vibration. If your hard drive is not spinning, it will not appear in the BIOS.
- If there is an issue with the power supply, take the necessary steps to fix it.
- In spite of receiving enough power supply, if your hard drive fails to spin, the problem might be with its hardware components.
- The best solution to this issue is replacing the hard drive. If your hard drive is under the warranty period, you can claim the replacement.
FAULTY HARD DRIVE
- If none of the troubleshooting solutions have fixed your issue, check your hard drive using the SeaTools for DOS diagnostic tool.
- This tool will diagnose the existing issues and let you know what is preventing your Seagate Barracuda from not showing up in BIOS.
- So, get this tool from Seagate’s official website and make sure that your issue is resolved.
Still your Seagate Barracuda Not Showing Up In Bios, contact us for remote assistance.