Seagate Central Not Detected
This page covers some quick and simple troubleshooting methods that help you fix the “Seagate Central not detected at setup” problem.
SEAGATE CENTRAL NOT DETECTED AT SETUP
If your Seagate Central drive is not detected while setting it up for the first time, try the simple and quick solutions given below.
Checking the LED status
- No lights: This sign indicates that the drive is turned off. Check to ensure that the Seagate drive is connected to the power source securely.
- No lights on the Central’s NIC: Check if the Ethernet cable is connected to the right ports on your router and the drive. If not, unplug and reconnect it to the right ports.
- A blinking green light: The green light blinks continuously when the drive is performing the bootup process. Once the bootup process is completed, the light becomes solid.
- A solid green light: The drive is ready to use. But, if the Seagate Central drive is not detected even after its lights turn solid green, then continue reading this page.
Fixing the network issues
- Check if your Seagate drive and the computer are connected to the same network. If not, connect them to the same network.
- If your Seagate Central is not detected again by the computer, check whether other devices can recognize the drive.
- To do so, connect any other computer, a SMART TV, a BLU-RAY player, or a smartphone to the same network (to which the drive is connected). Now, if the new device recognizes the drive, then the problem is with the original computer.
- So, use a compatible computer to fix this problem.
Checking if the drive is detected by the router
The below troubleshooting method is one of the best solutions for external hard drive not working problem.
- Visit your router’s web access page.
- Check if the Seagate Central drive is listed under the Attached or Available devices section.
- If not, reboot your router.
- To do so, turn off the router.
- Unplug the power cable from the router.
- Wait for a few seconds.
- After a while, reconnect the cable to the router.
- Turn on the router and check if the drive is detected.
- If Seagate Central is not detected by the router again, connect the drive directly to your computer.
- To do so, turn off the drive.
- Disconnect your computer from the wireless connection, in case it is already connected.
- Disconnect the drive from your router and connect it directly to your computer using the Ethernet cable.
- Turn on the drive.
- Open the Network screen on your computer.
- If you can see the Seagate Central drive icon, double-click on it.
- Open the drive’s setup file.
- Complete the Central drive setup process by following the on-screen instructions.
- After completing the setup process, disconnect the drive from the computer and connect it to the router.
- Now you have known how to fix the Seagate Central Not Detected