SEAGATE CENTRAL SETUP
Seagate Central is an innovative solution that lets you access your photos, videos, music, and documents across various devices at your home. Once you connect your device to your home network, you can access the data from your Seagate Central device. If you have bought Seagate Central and looking for the procedure to set it up, follow the instructions given in this article to know Seagate Central Setup.
UNPACK SEAGATE CENTRAL
- Open the product box and take out everything you received.
- Your package includes Seagate Central, a power adapter, an Ethernet cable, and a quick start guide.
- Discard all the packing materials.
- Ensure that all the items are delivered without any damage.
SET UP YOUR DEVICE
- Take the Ethernet cable you received and connect it to your Seagate Central device and your Wi-Fi router.
- Next, connect the given power cord to the power port of Seagate Central and a power outlet.
- Seagate Central will start to power up, and the LED will turn solid green.
- On your computer, open Windows Explorer and expand the Networks option in the left panel.
- Locate Seagate Central and click on it.
- Double-click on the Public folder; everyone who has access to the Seagate Central device can use this Public folder.
- Now, double-click on Manage Seagate Central.
- When the Seagate Central Personalize page opens in your browser, you must fill in the required details.
- In the Name field, input a name for your Seagate Central device. While you are on your home network, you can manage and access your storage device with this name.
- In the Email address field, input your email address. You can use this email address to remotely access your Seagate Central device when you are away from home.
- Now, create a password for your Seagate Central device. This password lets you access your private folder. No one except you can access this private folder.
- When you are away from your home network, you can access your Seagate Central device remotely with your email address using this password.
- Once you input the required details, click Done.
- Now, check your email and click on the link sent by Seagate to activate your remote access account.
In this manner, you should set up your Seagate Central device. For further questions and clarifications, you can reach our technical experts for Seagate Central Setup assistance.