SEAGATE DASHBOARD NOT WORKING ON MAC
“Is Seagate Dashboard Not Working On Mac computer?” To fix this issue, continue reading this troubleshooting page to know the causes and solutions.Seagate Dashboard is a utility that allows you to manage and access all your Seagate drives easily and quickly. You can back up, share, and save data from/to the drive using this utility. It is designed to work with Mac and Windows operating systems.However, some users have reported that the Seagate Dashboard is not working on their Mac computers.
The Seagate Dashboard will not work on Mac, if:
- You’re not signed in to your computer as an administrator.
- The internet connection on your computer is unstable or poor.
- Your macOS doesn’t meet the requirements.
- The Seagate firmware is outdated.
- You’re trying to use the protect feature or cloud storage service from the dashboard.
Quick and simple solutions
Perform the simple solutions given below one by one.
Using a stable internet connection
- As the first step of troubleshooting the “dashboard not working” problem, check whether your Mac computer is connected to a stable internet connection.
- If not, connect it to the stable internetget a proper connection and then access the dashboard.
Signing in as an administrator
- Secondly, check whether you have signed into your computer with admin rights.
- If not, log out and re-sign in to your computer again with the admin credentials.
- After doing that, access the Seagate Dashboard.
Updating the Seagate firmware
- Thirdly, Check if the Seagate firmware is up-to-date.
- If not, update it to fix this dashboard problem.
Using the compatible computer
- Fourthly, Check whether your Mac computer meets the Seagate Dashboard requirements, such as the following:
- OS: macOS 10.6.6 or later
- Browser: Safari 6.0 or later, Google Chrome 31 or later, Firefox 29 or later.
- If not, install and use the Seagate Dashboard on the computer that meets the requirements.
Restarting your computer
- Fifthly, Restart your Mac computer.
- Now, open the dashboard and check if it is working.
Contact us if the Seagate Dashboard not working on Mac even after performing the above solutions.