SEAGATE DASHBOARD NOT WORKING WITH WINDOWS 10
Seagate Dashboard is an all-in-one utility to access your Seagate hard drive in the best way possible; you can back up, restore, and share your data just as you prefer. If the Seagate Dashboard is not working on your Windows 10 computer, check your Internet connection. If it is not stable, fix it with the appropriate solutions. If you don’t find any fault with your Internet, try out the troubleshooting solutions listed in this article and tackle this problem effectively. Now, let us learn the troubleshooting methods on seagate dashboard not working with windows 10.
RESTART YOUR COMPUTER
- If the Seagate Dashboard is not working when you back up your documents for the first time, restart your computer.
- Once your computer restarts, open the Dashboard and resume the backup process.
- If this doesn’t fix the problem, close the Seagate Dashboard from the system tray.
- Right-click on the Dashboard icon in the bottom-right corner and click Quit.
- Reopen the Seagate Dashboard and see if your problem has been resolved.
RUN THE PROGRAM AS AN ADMINISTRATOR
To access the Seagate Dashboard, you should have logged in to your computer with the Administrator account. Follow these instructions to fix the permission issue.
- In the system tray, right-click on the Dashboard icon and select Quit.
- On your desktop, right-click on the Seagate Dashboard icon and select Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility tab and select the Run this program as an administrator box.
- Reopen the software and check if it is working
DISABLE FIREWALL AND ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE
- Sometimes, antivirus and firewall can stop the proper functionality of the applications installed on your computer.
- To fix this problem, disable the firewall and antivirus software temporarily.
- Now, open the Seagate Dashboard and see if it is working.
CHECK THE IP ADDRESS
- To access your Seagate drive, you should enter the right IP address. In case you make a mistake, you cannot access your drive.
- In those instances, you may think that Seagate Dashboard is not working. But, the real problem exists with the IP address you have entered.
- Therefore, recheck the IP address and make the necessary changes.
UPDATE SEAGATE DASHBOARD
- If the Seagate Dashboard is not working after you upgrade your OS to Windows 10, the problem might be with the compatibility.
- To rectify this problem, get the recent version of Seagate Dashboard from its official website and install it on your computer.
- Once you have updated the Seagate Dashboard, see if your problem is resolved.
UPDATE YOUR BROWSER
- f the Seagate Dashboard is not working in your browser, try a different one like Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, or Internet Explorer.
- In case you are already using any of these browsers, see if it is outdated. If so, update the browser to the recent version and check if Seagate Dashboard is working now.
If still the seagate dashboard not working with windows 10 computer, reach our technical experts for assistance.