Fix: Seagate Expansion 1TB Drive Not Detected
If your Seagate Expansion 1TB Drive Not Detected on your computer, keep a cool head and fix the issue by trying out the troubleshooting techniques mentioned in this article.
Check the fundamentals
Before you move ahead to the troubleshooting techniques, you need to check the fundamentals in the first place.
- Check if your computer meets all the system requirements of your Seagate hard drive. If your computer’s OS is incompatible with your Seagate Expansion hard drive, it may fail to show up on your computer.
- Connect your hard drive and computer using a different USB cable. You can also try connecting the drive to a different port on your computer.
- If possible, connect your drive to a different computer.
- If nothing works, proceed with the following sections to troubleshoot your hard drive.
Reinstall the driver
In most cases, when you reinstall the device driver, you can fix the issue quickly. Here’s the method to reinstall the driver of your Seagate Expansion hard drive.
On your computer, press the Windows and R keys simultaneously to open the Run command box.
- In the text box, enter devmgmt.mscand click OK.
- Now, expand Disk drives and check whether you can find any devices with a yellow exclamation mark. If you find any such device, right-click on it and choose the Update Driver option. Then, update the driver to the recent version by following the instructions on the screen.
- If you don’t find an option to update the driver, then right-click on your hard drive and choose the Uninstall device option.
- Reboot your PC, and it starts to reinstall the appropriate driver automatically.
- Once the driver gets reinstalled, check whether your Seagate Expansion 1TB Drive Not Detected is now resolved.
Initialize your hard drive
- If your Seagate Expansion 1TB hard drive is not showing up on your computer, you can fix the issue by initializing the disk. To do so, press the Windows and R keys simultaneously to launch the Run command box. In this dialog box, typediskmgmt.msc and press Enter.
- In the Disk Management window, right-click on the disk and choose the Initialize Disk option. Choose a partition and click OK.
- Once you have initialized your hard drive, check whether the issue is resolved.
Create a new partition:
- If you see your hard drive as unallocated in the Disk Management window, it will not show up on your computer. In that case, right-click on the Unallocated diskand choose the New Simple Volume option.
- Specify the volume size and drive letter path in the New Simple Volume wizard.
- Now, disconnect your Seagate Expansion hard drive and reconnect it to your computer. Then, check whether it shows up on your computer.
Reformat your hard drive
- If none of the methods mentioned above work, formatting the hard drive can help you fix the issue.
- When the Disk Management window appears, right-click on your hard drive and choose Format.
- Select the File System as NTFS or FAT32 and make sure that you have selected the Perform a quick format checkbox. Then, click on the OK button.
- Once your hard drive is reformatted, check whether your computer can detect it.
If you cannot resolve Seagate Expansion 1TB Drive Not Detected issue yet, you can reach out to us.