SEAGATE EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE NOT SHOWING UP WINDOWS 10
An external hard drive may fail to show up on your Windows 10 computer due to various reasons. But, when you try out the solutions listed in this article, you can fix the issue at a blazing speed. Read this page and fix Seagate External Hard Drive Not Showing Up Windows 10 issue in a matter of minutes.
Check the connection
- Due to several reasons, your Seagate external hard drive may fail to show up on your Windows 10 computer. So, before you proceed with the advanced troubleshooting solutions, check whether the connection between your computer and the hard drive is firm enough.
- Disconnect the USB cable and reconnect it. If you find any damage to your USB cable, replace it with a new one and check whether your hard drive shows up on your Windows 10 computer.
- If you don’t find any fault with your USB cable, check whether the issue is with the USB port. If so, connect your hard drive to a different USB port.
- If the problem is still not resolved, connect your hard drive to a different computer and check whether your Seagate external hard drive shows up on it.
Modify the drive letter
If the driver letter of your Seagate external hard drive is the same as other existing drives, they might conflict with each other. As a result, your Seagate hard drive will not show up on your computer. To fix this issue, you should change the drive letter of your hard drive. Follow these instructions for the detailed procedure.
- Open the Run command dialog box by pressing the Windows and R keys simultaneously.
- In this dialog box, type diskmgmt.msc and press Enter.
- When you are directed to the Disk Management section, right-click on your Seagate external hard drive and then choose the Change Drive Letter and Paths option.
- Click Add and then select the Assign the following drive letter option.
- When it gives you suggestions, choose the drive letter you prefer and click OK.
- Finally, restart your Windows 10 computer and check whether your hard drive shows up on your computer.
Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
- The Hardware and Devices troubleshooter on Windows 10 can help you fix your hard drive that fails to show up on your computer.
- To run this troubleshooter, open the Cortana app and type “troubleshoot.”
- From the search results, click Troubleshoot.
- Select Hardware and Devices and click the Run the troubleshooter button.
- Now, the troubleshooter will diagnose the issue and give you some suggestions. To fix a specific issue, select it and click the Apply this fix button.
Format your hard drive
The final resort to fix the “Seagate External Hard Drive Not Showing Up Windows 10” problem is formatting the hard drive. But, when you do so, the data you have stored on it will be completely deleted. If you still wish to proceed with this method, follow these instructions.
- Open the Run command dialog box by pressing the Windows and R keys.
- In the text area, type diskmgmt.msc and press Enter.
- When directed to the Disk Management section, right-click on your Seagate external hard drive and choose Format.
- Pick the file system as NTFS and select the Quick Format checkbox. Then, click the Start button.
- If you see the Format complete pop-up, click OK.
We hope that these techniques have helped you fix the “Seagate External Hard Drive Not Showing Up Windows 10” issue. If you still have queries, get back to us for technical assistance.