QUICK STEPS: SEAGATE EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE PS5 NOT WORKING
Not all external hard drives are designed to work with PS. But the Seagate external game hard drive is designed for PS, and it is the only one with a license from Sony. You can use this hard drive with your PS4 or PS5 console. The installation process of the Seagate hard drive is a straightforward method to perform. However, there are some problems like "drive not recognized or working" that are faced by many people while using the drive. The remaining part of this page will show you how to fix the “Seagate external hard drive for PS5 not working” problem.
The “hard drive not working” problem may occur due to so many reasons, and some of them are listed below.
- Faulty drive
- Incompatible USB cable or problem with the cable
- Corrupted PS5 software
- Hardware failure
- Improper connection
“Is your Seagate external hard drive for PS5 not working from the beginning?” If yes, try these simple troubleshooting solutions to fix it.
- Connecting the cable securely: Check whether the USB cable is connected securely at the ends. If not, unplug and reconnect the cable. Ensure that you’re not using a USB hub for connectivity. Also, check to ensure that the USB cable you're using is connected to the right port.
- Repairing your hard drive: If your hard drive’s hardware is damaged, there is a chance for this problem to occur. To check if your drive’s hardware is damaged, connect it to a compatible computer. Now, check if your drive is recognized by the computer. If yes, try the next solution. Otherwise, the problem is with the drive’s hardware. In this case, you have to repair the drive to resolve the problem.
- Updating the PS5 software: Using outdated software can also block the PS5 console from recognizing an external hard drive. Update the console software to fix the problem.
- Firstly, download the latest version of the PS5 software from its official page.
- Secondly, copy the downloaded software file on a USB drive formatted in FAT32.
- Connect the USB drive (containing the software file) to the console.
- To update the software from a drive, you have to open the console in Safe mode.
- Press and hold the PS5 console's Power button until the console starts to beep. Count the number of beep sounds and release the button after the second beep.
- Now, the console will start in Safe mode.
- Select Update System Software > Update from USB Storage Device > OK.
Now, check if your Seagate external hard drive for PS5 is working properly. If not, contact us to get technical assistance in resolving the same.