Seagate Firecuda Not Showing Up
Seagate FireCuda is a hard drive designed by Seagate. Its high-capacity storage helps you save and access more files in one single location. This drive is easy to set up and works with almost all Windows and Mac computers.“Is the Seagate FireCuda drive not showing up on your computer?” If yes, you’re not alone. Many people like you face this temporary problem, and it occurs due to so many reasons.Scroll down this page to know the causes and solutions to fix the “Seagate FireCuda not showing up” problem.
The Seagate FireCuda drive will not show up if:
- The USB cable is connected to the wrong port.
- The cable is not connected properly.
- The cable you’re using is damaged or incompatible.
- Your OS type is incompatible.
Perform the simple solutions given below to fix the “drive not recognized or showing up” problem. After performing it, check whether the drive is recognized. If the Seagate FireCuda drive is not showing up again, execute the advanced troubleshooting solutions to fix it.
- Initially, ensure that the USB cable is connected to the correct port on your computer.
- Next, check if the cable you’re using is compatible. If not, replace it.
- Similarly, replace the cable with a new one if it is damaged.
- Check to ensure that your computer meets the Seagate FireCuda drive requirements.
- Unplug and reconnect the drive to your computer if necessary.
Advanced troubleshooting solutions
For Windows-Initializing and Partitioning the drive
You can find your drive in the Disk Management window even if its icon is not displayed on the My Computer or My PC screen.
- Open the Computer Management window.
- Go to the Storage section and expand it by clicking the drop-down icon beside it.
- Click on the Disk Management option.
- Locate and right-click on your Seagate FireCuda drive.
- Click the Choose the Initialize Disk option.
- Initialize the drive by following the on-screen instructions.
- After doing that, partition the drive.
- To do so, locate and right-click on the Unallocated area of your drive.
- Click New Simple Volume.
- Partition the drive correctly and click Finish.
- Now, check if the drive shows up on your computer.
Perform the following methods one by one. After performing each method, check if the drive is recognized. If not, perform the next one.
Selecting “Hard Disk” in Finder
- Open Finder.
- Go to Preferences > General > Show these items on the desktop.
- Check if the Hard Disks option is selected.
- If not, select it.
Mounting the drive
- Open Disk Utility.
- Locate your drive and click the Mount button if its icon is grayed out.
Contact us if the Seagate Firecuda Not Showing Up even after performing the above methods.