Seagate Hard Disk Not Accessible
Is your Seagate Hard Disk Not Accessible on your computer? We cover extensive solutions when a hard drive goes undetected. Before you scroll down to access our best troubleshooting methods, you need to try these basic troubleshooting steps to see if the Seagate hard drive is accessible.
- Try to connect the Seagate hard drive to a different USB port.
- Use a different USB cable if you think there could be a problem with the original cable.
- Do try connecting the hard drive to a different computer to rule out the issue with the hard drive.
Here are some methods to ensure that the Seagate hard drive can be accessed again. The steps provided are for both Windows and Mac users.
WINDOWS OPERATING SYSTEM
FIX 1: UPDATE THE USB CONTROLLER
- Open Run command (Windows + R).
- Type devmgmt.msc in the Open Run command field.
- Press the Enter button.
- Move to Universal Serial Bus Controllers.
- Click the arrow key on the left side.
- Check for the yellow icon right next to its name.
- In case you see the USB controller with that error icon, perform a right-click and select the Update Diskr Software option.
- When you see a message that says, how do you want to search for driver software? click on the Search Automatically option from the pop-up window.
- The USB controller will be updated.
Restart your computer and connect the Seagate hard drive to see if Seagate Hard Disk Not Accessible issue is now fixed or not.
FIX 2: CHANGE THE HARD DRIVE LETTER AND PATH
- Open the Disk Management window.
- Do a right-click on the removable hard drive space and select the Change Disk Letter and Paths… option.
- Click Change...
- Click the radio button for the Assign the following drive letter option.
- Click the letter drop-down list and select a drive letter.
- Click the OK button.
Restart your computer and then you will see that the Seagate hard drive is accessible.
MAC OPERATING SYSTEM
FIX 1: ENABLE SEAGATE HARD DRIVE THROUGH FINDER
- First, click the Finder icon.
- Next, choose Preferences.
- Right under Locations, click on the checkbox for the External disks option.
- Select General.
- Under the section Show these items on the desktop, click the checkbox for the option External disks.
FIX 2: USE FIRST AID TO REPAIR
- Click the Launchpad (Rocket) from the dock.
- Click the Other option.
- Locate and click the Disk Utility option.
- From the left pane, select the hard drive.
- Select First Aid at the top.
- Click the Run button.
- The repair process will begin for the hard drive.
With these simple troubleshooting methods to fix Seagate Hard Disk Not Accessible issue for both Windows and Mac OS, you can easily access your Seagate hard drive in no time.