Simple Solutions: Seagate Hard Drive Error Code 43
The error code 43 means that the Seagate external hard drive has lost its connection with the Windows computer. This Seagate Hard Drive Error Code 43 issue occurs when the USB driver on Windows is crashed or outdated. Follow this page and fix this issue.
Fix the error code 43 using SeaTools for Windows:
- Make sure that the Seagate drive is connected to the Windows computer via a USB cable.
- Download and install the SeaTools for Windows software from the official Seagate website.
- Launch the app once it is installed.
- On the SeaTools for Windows screen, select your Seagate drive.
- Click the Basic Test tab and then click Fix All > Long.
- Now, the app will scan the drive, discover the problems, and attempt to resolve them.
- Wait until the scanning process completes.
Steps to update the USB driver:
- On the Windows computer, click the Start icon.
- Next, you need to type “device manager” in the search box and then select Device Manager from the search list.
- Expand the USB driver, then right-click on the driver icon, and then click Update driver.
- Make sure that the computer is connected to the network.
- On the next screen, click Search automatically for updated driver software to download the updated driver from the website.
- If you have already downloaded the USB driver, click Browse my compute for driver software and then choose the folder where you have saved the driver file.
- Once the driver is installed, restart the computer.
Steps to Roll Back the driver:
- If the latest driver is crashed and you see the Seagate Hard Drive Error Code 43, then roll back to your old driver.
- Now, open the Device Manager window on your computer.
- Right-click on the required driver and then select Properties.
- Next, in the Properties dialog box, click the Driver tab.
- In the Drivers tab, click Roll Back Driver and then click OK.
- Now, the driver will be rolled back to the previous version.
- Unplug the drive from the computer and then reconnect the drive to the computer.