Seagate Hard Drive Firmware Update Guide
All Seagate products are run by firmware. With the latest firmware installed, you can improve the performance and reliability of the drive. The firmware is very important to fix all the drive issues. In some computers, the firmware will be automatically updated to the latest version, but in some cases, you have to manually update the firmware. On this page, let's see how to do Seagate Hard Drive Firmware Update.
Steps to update Seagate hard drive firmware:
- Make sure that you have installed the Seagate Firmware Update utility on Your Windows computer.
- If you have not installed the firmware utility, download it from Seagate's official website.
- Connect your hard drive to the computer via the supplied USB cable.
- Once the download is complete, double-click the setup file.
- A new dialog box appears. Select the preferred language from the drop-down box.
- On the Welcome screen, click Next.
- In the License Agreement window, read the information carefully, then select the radio button for I accept the terms of the License Agreement and click Next.
- On the Seagate Firmware Update Utility Start screen, read the instructions and then click Proceed.
It's time to update your Seagate firmware:
- Before you start the firmware update process, make sure your computer is connected to the router.
- Check if the router's network connection is stable.
- Make sure you have created a backup of all your files on another storage device.
- Close all applications and then disconnect any external storage devices.
- When your PC reboots, you will see a new bot message 'Seagate Loading'. Make sure not to interrupt the process by closing the window.
- Now, the SeaTool Express utility will start to scan your system for hard drives and then displays the model number, serial number, and current firmware version date.
- The firmware update utility will load the new firmware to your Seagate hard disk.
- Wait until the firmware update process is complete; once the update is complete, the system will automatically reboot. If not, you have to reboot the computer manually.
- If the update is not done properly, you have to repeat the above steps from the scrap.
- If you see the error message 'Model matched, no firmware matched', it signifies that the firmware version on the drive is incompatible with the latest update.
- If you see error message 'No model matched', it signifies that you have downloaded the wrong firmware for your Seagate hard drive. In that case, download the correct firmware that matches your device to have sucessful Seagate Hard Drive Firmware Update.