Seagate Hard Drive Repair Tool
SeaTools is a built-in tool for Seagate hard drives. Using this tool, you can diagnose and repair the hard drive. There are several tests to scan your drive and diagnose the problem. Make sure to run the test that is suitable to repair your hard drive. For detailed instructions about using the Seagate hard drive repair tool, go through the steps given below.
- Close all the running programs on your computer.
- Isolate SeaTools from being accessed by the disk drive commands.
- Make sure that you can identify the Seagate drive.
- Ensure that your computer is fully powered on.
- Open Control Panel and click on Power Options.
- The Turn off hard disks setting should be set to Never.
Selecting the drive using SeaTools:
- First, connect your Seagate external hard drive to your computer via a USB cable.
- Launch SeaTools on your computer.
- Choose the drive you wish to test by selecting the checkbox next to it.
- Now, proceed to run the Seagate hard drive repair tool.
Running the test:
In the SeaTools window, you can see the tests available at the top of the menu bar after selecting the drive. You can choose any one of the following tests.
- Long Generic
- Short Drive Self Test
- Short Generic
- Drive Information
- Fix All
The Short Drive Self Test is adequate for most situations and it is completely data safe. The Short Generic test is similar to the Short Drive Self Test and it is comprehensive to read each sector. The Fix All test provides the ability to fix all the problems on your hard drive. Remember to back up all your data before running the test. You can also abort the diagnostics by selecting the Abort Tests icon from the menu bar. You can view the summary of the tests by clicking the Help tab followed by View Log File. The conditions of the test include: Passed, Failed, or Aborted. If the test result is passed, then you have correctly used the Seagate hard drive repair tool.