Fixed: Seagate Light Not Blinking
Seagate produces one of the best and the most amazing external hard drives well suited for both Mac and Windows computers. The Seagate hard drives come in many names like Ultra Slim, Portable, and Slim.
There are some instances when the Seagate external hard drive does not show up (irrespective of whether it's Windows or Mac OS). This article will surely help you resolve the issue. Over a point, you will notice that the Seagate Light Not Blinking issue occurs, and eventually, it will end up not being detected by your computer. It's alright though! We have some of the best troubleshooting methods up our sleeve to have it sorted right away.
Basic steps to check
- Remove the Seagate external hard drive from the computer and connect it to a different USB port on your computer.
- If the USB cable for the Seagate hard drive appears to be damaged, replace it with a new USB cable.
- Connect the Seagate hard drive to a different computer to rule out the problem with the Seagate hard drive.
Since the hard drive is compatible with both the Windows and Mac operating systems, you can follow the troubleshooting methods given below.
WINDOWS OPERATING SYSTEM
METHOD 1: ENABLE USB DEVICE IN BIOS
- Restart the computer.
- Press Esc repeatedly to open the BIOS settings utility.
- Use the arrow keys to operate on the BIOS settings.
- Select the Boot tab and select the option- Removable devices.
- Once the booting is complete, save the changes.
- Restart the computer normally.
Now, see if the Seagate Light Not Blinking issue still occurs. If not, proceed to the next step.
METHOD 2: UPDATE USB CONTROLLER
- Open Run command (Windows + R).
- Type devmgmt.msc in the Open field; press the Enter button.
- In Device Manager, navigate to the section of Universal Serial Bus Controllers and click the arrow key on the left.
- Check to see if any of the USB controllers shows the yellow sign icon right next to its name.
- If you see the USB controller with that error icon, do a right-click and select the Update Driver Software option.
- You will see a small message with two options. The message will be-how do you want to search for driver software?
- Click the Search Automatically option from the pop-up window.
- The USB controller will be updated.
MAC OPERATING SYSTEM
ENABLE SEAGATE HARD DRIVE THROUGH FINDER
- Click the Finder icon.
- Select Preferences.
- Right under Locations, click the checkbox for the External disks option.
- Select the General tab.
- Under the Show these items on the desktop section, click the checkbox for the option External disks.
With the help of the troubleshooting methods for both Windows and Mac OS, you can resolve the Seagate Light Not Blinking issue.