SEAGATE PERSONAL CLOUD 4TB SETUP
“Are you wondering how to set up the Seagate Personal Cloud 4TB hard drive for the first time?”If yes, scroll down this page to know about Seagate Personal Cloud 4tb Setup in detail.
Overview of Seagate Personal Cloud 4TB
Seagate Personal Cloud 4TB is one of the best NAS drives that allows you to store and access your data securely over a cloud network. It is quite easy and simple to set up. Just connect the drive to your network device (router) using an Ethernet cable, and it is ready to use.
Some of the features offered by the Seagate Dashboard and apps of this drive are listed below:
- Seagate Dashboard
- The auto-backup feature helps you to back up your important data from the computer to the drive automatically, easily, and securely.
- The Smart Copy feature available in the Dashboard helps you create and maintain the media library on your computer.
- Seagate Mobile Backup
- Back up your data from your smartphone to the drive.
- Seagate Media
- Stream content from the drive to smartphones, TV, or media devices like Roku.
- Backup Manager
- Back up and sync your data using the cloud services like Dropbox, Amazon Web services, etc.
- Back up your data from the drive to another Seagate NAS drive or USB attached storage drive.
Before you begin the Seagate Personal Cloud 4TB setup, ensure that your computer, router, and Internet connection meets the following requirements:
- Router with 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports
- Windows: Vista, 7, 8.1. or 10
- Mac: 10.8 or later
- Active and stable Internet connection
- Web browser
- Internet Explorer 9.x or later
- Firefox 5.x or later
- Chrome 11.x or later
- Safari 5 or later
Setting up the Seagate Personal Cloud 4TB drive
- Turn off your router if it is turned on.
- Now, connect your Seagate drive to the router using an Ethernet cable.
- Turn on the drive and your router.
- As soon as the hard drive turns on, you can see the LED flashing white.
- Once it is ready and connected to your network, the LED turns from flashing white to a solid white.
- Now, use the Personal Cloud or Seagate Mobile app to set up the Seagate Access Account and complete the setup process.
In the following section, we have explained the rest of the setup process using the Seagate Media app.
Complete the setup using the Seagate Media app
- Install and open the Seagate Media app on your smartphone.
- Tap More > Settings > Remote Access > Seagate Personal Cloud.
- Enter the asked details in the given fields.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the Seagate Personal Cloud 4TB setup.
Contact us to know more about setting up the Seagate Personal Cloud 4TB hard drive for the first time.