SEAGATE PERSONAL CLOUD BLINKING WHITE LIGHT
Seagate Personal Cloud is a convenient storage option in this technological world. Beyond the exciting apps that Personal Cloud offers, it works with Cloud storage sites giving you an option to back up your data from various platforms. Usually, you will not face any issues with your Seagate Personal Cloud. But, if its white light is blinking, you should handle this problem with the proper troubleshooting methods. Read this article and know the solutions to fix the Seagate Personal Cloud blinking white light issue.
KNOW THE INDICATION OF THE LED LIGHTS
On your Seagate Personal Cloud device, you can locate the LED light on the top of your device. Before you troubleshoot the Seagate Personal Cloud blinking white light issue, know the indication of each LED light by reading this section.
- If your device is starting up for the first time, the LED will blink white, and once your device is ready to be accessed via the Wi-Fi network, the blinking white light will turn into solid white light.
- When the hard drive initiates the software update process, the LED will blink continuously in white.
- When you reset your device, the LED will start blinking red. And once the reset process gets completed, the LED will turn white.
HOW TO FIX THE “SEAGATE PERSONAL CLOUD BLINKING WHITE” ISSUE
- As previously mentioned, when your hard drive is starting up for the first time, the LED will blink white. Therefore, don’t always relate a blinking white light with an error code. Wait until your device starts up and see if the light stops flashing.
- Your Seagate Personal Cloud will blink white during the software initiation process. So, wait until the process gets concluded and then verify whether the LED has stopped blinking.
- If the LED keeps blinking, proceed with the next section to reset your Personal Cloud device.
RESET YOUR SEAGATE PERSONAL CLOUD
You can try the reset process as a final resort to fix the blinking lights on your Personal Cloud. Resetting will not damage the data you have stored on your device. However, it can help you resolve the existing issue in a much-simplified manner. Follow these instructions to reset your Seagate Personal Cloud device.
- Before starting, turn off your Personal Cloud.
- Now, locate the Reset button at the rear of your device and press it using a paper clip or any other pointed object.
- While pressing the Reset button, press the Power button.
- Wait for around 20 seconds and then release the Reset button.
- Now, the LED will start blinking in red and your Seagate Personal Cloud will be reset to the factory defaults.
- The LED will glow up in solid white light within a few seconds.
- Now, configure your Personal Cloud’s network settings and ensure that the white light is not blinking on your Seagate Personal Cloud.