Seagate Personal Cloud Mac Setup
Learn how to set up the Seagate Personal Cloud drive on Mac. Seagate Personal Cloud is one of the best NAS drives designed by Seagate. It aids you in storing and accessing your data over a cloud network. You can create your own cloud storage with this drive, which allows you to access the data outside your home or office network. Seagate Personal Cloud is pretty easy to set up compared to other network drives.Connect the Seagate Personal Cloud drive to your network device (router) using an Ethernet cable. Once the drive recognizes and connects to the network, it will be ready to use. This drive comes in four different storage capacities: 3TB, 4TB, 5TB, and 6TB.Before going into the Seagate Personal Cloud Mac Setup, know about the features and apps offered by this drive.
- The Seagate Dashboard
- Allows you to configure the auto backup settings that help you back up data from your computer to the drive automatically.
- The Smart Copy feature helps you create and maintain the media library on your Mac or Windows computer.
- The Seagate Mobile Backup
- It helps in backing up your data from the mobile phone to the drive.
- The Seagate Media
- You can use this one to stream your favorite content from the Personal Cloud drive to a mobile phone, smart TV, or any network-supported media device.
- The Backup Manager
- This can be used to back up data from your Personal Cloud drive to the cloud services like Dropbox, HiDrive, etc.
- You can also use Backup Manager if you wish to back up data from the current Seagate Personal Cloud drive to another cloud drive or USB-attached drive.
Continue reading this page to know how to configure the Seagate Personal Cloud Mac Setup.
INSIDE THE BOX
- Seagate Personal Cloud drive
- Ethernet cable
- Power cord and adapter
- User manual and Warranty card
- Hardware requirements: Router with 10/100/1000 Ethernet port
- Software requirements: Mac OS X v10.8 or later
- Internet requirements: An active and stable internet connection
- Web browser: Safari 5 or later; Firefox 5. x or later
SETTING UP THE SEAGATE PERSONAL CLOUD DRIVE
Connect the drive to your network device. Set up the Seagate owner account for your drive. Access the drive using a web browser or from your computer.
- Turn off your router if it is turned on.
- Connect your Seagate Personal Cloud drive to the router using an Ethernet cable.
- Plug the drive into the AC outlet using its power cord.
- Turn on the router and your drive.
- Now, you can see the LED flashing white on the drive.
- Wait for it to become solid white.
- Once the LED stops flashing and becomes solid white, the drive is ready to use.
- Connect your Macbook or Mac computer to the same network (to which the drive is connected) over a wireless connection.
Configuring the owner account
- Open a web browser on your Mac computer.
- Go to the Seagate Personal Cloud drive’s web access page.
- Alternatively, you can use your computer to create the owner account.
- To do so, open Finder.
- Go to the Shared section.
- Click PersonalCloud > Public and double-click the Personal Cloud drive.
- Type your desired email address in the given field.
- Create a strong password and type it in the respective field.
- Perform the on-screen instructions to create the owner account.
- Finally, click Finish.
- Now, the screen with the Filebrowser app will open.
- Select the app that you wish to use and follow the on-screen instructions.
Accessing the drive
- Go to the Personal Cloud drive’s access page.
- Enter your owner account credentials in the given fields.
- Click Sign in.
- You can see the NAS drive configured with your account on the main screen.
- Locate and click on the drive you wish to access.
Contact us to know more about setting up the Seagate Personal Cloud Mac Setup.