Seagate Personal Cloud Not Showing Up On Network
Seagate Personal Cloud is an ideal storage device to keep your data organized. You don’t need to modify your Personal Cloud network settings. However, if you face any connectivity issues, you should change a few settings to fix the problem. This guide gives you the best solutions to fix the “Seagate Personal Cloud not showing up on network” issue.
CHECK THE CABLE CONNECTION
- Your Seagate Personal Cloud will not show up on your network whenever there is a connection problem. To fix this, you should check all the cables connected to your Personal Cloud device.
- See if the Ethernet cable you used to connect your Personal Cloud and the router is firm enough at both ends.
- Disconnect the Ethernet cable from your Seagate Personal Cloud and the router. Then, reconnect the cable to your devices. In case you find any damage to the Ethernet cable, replace it with a new one.
CHECK THE INTERNET CONNECTION
- If your Seagate Personal Cloud fails to show up on your network, you should check your Internet’s stability.
- If you find any issue with your Internet connection, take the necessary steps to fix the problem.
- Restarting your router can help you fix the issue.
MODIFY THE IP CONFIGURATION
DHCP is the default IP configuration that dynamically selects the IP addresses for various devices. If you face network connectivity issues, try to fix the problem by using a fixed IP address.
- Open the Device Manager section on your Windows computer and click Show advanced settings> Network.
- Go to the Connections tab and click Edit.
- Choose IPv4 or IPv6. If you have selected IPvV4, choose Manual or Automatic (DHCP). In case you have chosen IPv6, choose your preferred option and click Save.
CONFIGURE A PROXY SERVER
The proxy server is like a mediator between your computer and the Internet. It allows your computer to make network connections to other network services. When you use the proxy server, it hides your computer’s IP address so that you can surf the Internet anonymously. It also lets you bypass the security restrictions and filters for accessing the blocked websites. When your Seagate Personal Cloud is not showing on your network, configure the proxy server by following these instructions.
- Open the Device Manager section on your computer and click Show advanced settings> Network.
- Go to the Proxy tab and select the Proxy server option.
- Enter the Proxy server address. When prompted, enter the name and password in the respective fields and click on Apply.
- Now, check whether your Seagate Ppersonal Ccloud is showing on your network.
ENABLE PORT FORWARDING
Whenever your Seagate Personal Cloud fails to show up on your network, check whether configuring port forwarding can help you fix the problem. When you enable pPort forwarding, you can access your Seagate Personal Cloud from other network-attached storage devices. Follow these instructions to enable port forwarding.
- Open the Device Manager section and click Show advanced settings> Network.
- Go to the Port Forwarding tab and enable the option.
- Now, see if Seagate Personal Cloud shows up on your network.
RESET YOUR PERSONAL CLOUD
If none of the troubleshooting solutions helped you fix the “Seagate Personal Cloud not showing up on network” issue, see if the resetting procedure can help you resolve the problem. The reset process will not delete the data you have stored on your Personal Cloud. But, the network settings you have configured so far will be reset to the factory defaults. To proceed further, follow these instructions.
- Before you start, ensure that your Personal Cloud is turned off.
- Now, identify the Reset button on the back of your Seagate Personal Cloud.
- Press and hold the Reset button using a paper clip or a pointed object; still holding the Reset button, power on your Seagate Personal Cloud.
- Wait for around 20 seconds. Then, release the Reset button.
- Now, the reset process will be started on your Personal Cloud device, and the network settings will go back to the default settings.
- Once the reset process gets completed, your Seagate Personal Cloud’s LED will start to glow up in wWhite.
- Configure the setup and complete the procedure.
- Now, check if your Seagate Personal Cloud shows up on your network.
If still your Seagate Personal Cloud not showing up on network, reach our technical experts.